Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel identification support
Hello gentlemen do you know what wheels these are? Think they’re go power but not certain.  Thank you!

Attached Files
.jpeg   7582F8A7-D314-4B70-9EEA-EC356AA60540.jpeg (Size: 246.17 KB / Downloads: 66)
These wheels in pic below are different makes that can sometimes be mistaken for each other. I have included a Precision wheel on left and Go-Power on right. What you have is your post above are the 400 series Go-Power wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5041]

You can split the wheel and find the name and patent pending cast on the inside of rim.

It looks like someone made spacers to adapt the 3/4" Timken bearing down to use on a 5/8" spindle.

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF8957.JPG (Size: 1.25 MB / Downloads: 132)
Thank you Terry!
Fox 4" front
And go power 4" front halves
Terry - you sure have a good eye.  They look like the same to me and I went back and said to myself what can he see in the picture that tells him they are two different wheels???
Lets take a closer look at both wheels. Keeping with the same format with Precision on the left and Go-Power on the right.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5117]

At a glance both sets of wheels look alike. Precision is a lot heavier and stronger.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5118]

Flipping them over you can see obvious differences in the  casting.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5119]

Precision wheel is wider by 1/2 inch. Valve steam location is different. Precision is centered and Go-Power is offset. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5120]

Of course if you still dont trust your eyesight, just look for the name cast on the wheel.

There are some variations in the Go-Power wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5121]

The Go-Power wheel on top is slightly heavier and more beefy. It does not have the raised edges on holes and rim. Just flat and smooth.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5122]

You can see the differences better at this angle.

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF9010.JPG (Size: 881.78 KB / Downloads: 86)
.jpg   DSCF9008.JPG (Size: 651.18 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   DSCF9009.JPG (Size: 435.83 KB / Downloads: 77)
.jpg   DSCF9012.JPG (Size: 566.28 KB / Downloads: 77)
.jpg   DSCF9014.JPG (Size: 626.69 KB / Downloads: 65)
.jpg   DSCF9015.JPG (Size: 464.52 KB / Downloads: 70)

.jpeg   Go Power hand cart wheel.jpeg (Size: 246.17 KB / Downloads: 8) Terry, I think Jim is referring to Kino's first post which shows two 4 inch Go Power wheels, those look like they are from a hand truck.
<louie figone> Terry, I think Jim is referring to Kino's first post which shows two 4 inch Go Power wheels, those look like they are from a hand truck.

You are right. I should have clarified in my original post about the the two makes of wheels commonly mistaken for the other.

Kinos wheels actually look more like current production MATCO wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5124]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5125]

The center section is more concave on these as the Go-Power wheels are convex.
I would guess Kinos wheels are not much over 3 inches wide. The kart style Go-Powers are right at 4 1/8 inches wide.

Attached Files
.jpg   Matco 4 inch wheel.jpg (Size: 14.09 KB / Downloads: 63)
.jpeg   Go Power hand cart wheel (2).jpeg (Size: 105.06 KB / Downloads: 60)
Thank you gentlemen. I have not been on in a while.