Vintage Karting Forum
Wheel identification support - Printable Version

+- Vintage Karting Forum (https://www.vintagekartforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main forums (https://www.vintagekartforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.vintagekartforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Wheel identification support (/showthread.php?tid=3238)

Wheel identification support - Kino B. - 08-03-2022

Hello gentlemen do you know what wheels these are? Think they’re go power but not certain.  Thank you!

RE: Wheel identification support - Terry Bentley - 08-04-2022

These wheels in pic below are different makes that can sometimes be mistaken for each other. I have included a Precision wheel on left and Go-Power on right. What you have is your post above are the 400 series Go-Power wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5041]

You can split the wheel and find the name and patent pending cast on the inside of rim.

It looks like someone made spacers to adapt the 3/4" Timken bearing down to use on a 5/8" spindle.

RE: Wheel identification support - Kino B. - 08-04-2022

Thank you Terry!

RE: Wheel identification support - steve miller - 10-03-2022

Fox 4" front
And go power 4" front halves

RE: Wheel identification support - Jim Donovan - 10-04-2022

Terry - you sure have a good eye.  They look like the same to me and I went back and said to myself what can he see in the picture that tells him they are two different wheels???

RE: Wheel identification support - Terry Bentley - 10-04-2022

Lets take a closer look at both wheels. Keeping with the same format with Precision on the left and Go-Power on the right.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5117]

At a glance both sets of wheels look alike. Precision is a lot heavier and stronger.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5118]

Flipping them over you can see obvious differences in the  casting.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5119]

Precision wheel is wider by 1/2 inch. Valve steam location is different. Precision is centered and Go-Power is offset. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5120]

Of course if you still dont trust your eyesight, just look for the name cast on the wheel.

There are some variations in the Go-Power wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5121]

The Go-Power wheel on top is slightly heavier and more beefy. It does not have the raised edges on holes and rim. Just flat and smooth.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5122]

You can see the differences better at this angle.

RE: Wheel identification support - louie figone - 10-04-2022

.jpeg   Go Power hand cart wheel.jpeg (Size: 246.17 KB / Downloads: 8) Terry, I think Jim is referring to Kino's first post which shows two 4 inch Go Power wheels, those look like they are from a hand truck.

RE: Wheel identification support - Terry Bentley - 10-04-2022

<louie figone> Terry, I think Jim is referring to Kino's first post which shows two 4 inch Go Power wheels, those look like they are from a hand truck.

You are right. I should have clarified in my original post about the the two makes of wheels commonly mistaken for the other.

Kinos wheels actually look more like current production MATCO wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5124]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5125]

The center section is more concave on these as the Go-Power wheels are convex.
I would guess Kinos wheels are not much over 3 inches wide. The kart style Go-Powers are right at 4 1/8 inches wide.

RE: Wheel identification support - Kino B. - 11-06-2022

Thank you gentlemen. I have not been on in a while.