Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HC12A carb
I have a Tilly HC12A carb n the shop. It's NOS, and has a 1" throttle bore and the old style fuel inlet built into the top plate with the little steel cover plate instead of the plastic inlet bowl. I don't remember where it came from. I had planned to put it on a Hovey manifold and install it on the Mc5 I'm assembling for Charlie Craibe, since the steel cover makes it look like the original HL63 carb on Mc5's. Anybody got a clue as to where these were used? I assume and hope it is drilled for gas. Thanks. Ted
Ted Discount Marine lists the 11A and 13A as saw carbs . The 12 A is listed but with no specs other than 1963 and under the column (equipment) it says spec 2120 whatever that means. I would assume its gas.
Ted,

Need another one? Smile

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265262591296

t
Terry, I saw that one, but mine has a pump stack and the shiny steel inlet cover. It looks like an HL63A from an Mc5, except for the bore size. I can't remove that steel cap. I guess I will just put a top plate with a plastic fuel inlet on the carb. Ted

.jpg   Mc5%20-%203[1].JPG (Size: 469.17 KB / Downloads: 21)
I believe Mr Kneisel built this one
Thanks, Terry. That's the way this one should look. I'm just putting a standard inlet plate and fuel bowl on it. I've spent enough time. Ted