Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entry list/results from 1963 and 67 Championship at Adams kart track
(12-07-2021, 07:36 AM)louie figone Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 08:11 PM)DeanRichards Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:16 AM)louie figone Wrote: Dean, there is no Phil Wilson Jr. shown on the entries at the Nationals held at the Adams track in 1967, I only have the top 5 finishers for the Nationals that were held at Adams in 1964, he does not show on that, he probably was at the '64 event placing after 5th place.

Thanks Louie, for the info. I did find his name on the 67 sheet. He is listed on the "A" stock lights down near the bottom. Do you know what the times were for? Was this qualifing or how they finished in the championship race? Again, Louie thank you so much for your effort and time.

Dean, I skipped right over his name, my bad! Those are qualifying times. I have the race recaps; I will post them later today. The race recaps give you each lap for each kart, the points and final finish position.
Dean, check the recap sheet posted, fourth class down Stock-Lt, your uncle qualified using number 11, it looks as if he scratched for the heats, kart numbers jumped from 10 to 12, there are no results for number 11.

Attached Files
.jpg   1967 Nationals race results.jpg (Size: 1.27 MB / Downloads: 7)
(12-07-2021, 04:47 PM)louie figone Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:16 AM)louie figone Wrote: Dean, there is no Phil Wilson Jr. shown on the entries at the Nationals held at the Adams track in 1967, I only have the top 5 finishers for the Nationals that were held at Adams in 1964, he does not show on that, he probably was at the '64 event placing after 5th place.

Thanks Louie, for the info. I did find his name on the 67 sheet. He is listed on the "A" stock lights down near the bottom. Do you know what the times were for? Was this qualifing or how they finished in the championship race? Again, Louie thank you so much for your effort and time.

Dean, I skipped right over his name, my bad! Those are qualifying times. I have the race recaps; I will post them later today. The race recaps give you each lap for each kart, the points and final finish position.
Dean, check the recap sheet posted, fourth class down Stock-Lt, your uncle qualified using number 11, it looks as if he scratched for the heats, kart numbers jumped from 10 to 12, there are no results for number 11.

Louie those are awesomely cool finds! Super excited to see the results even though he didn't start/finish the finals. I saw one of the sheets said Karter News on the bottom. Were these printed in the magazine and if so which issue/month/year? I would love to find that issue.  Thanks so much for everything, I will chat with my uncle and see if he remembers what happened in the finals.
[attachment=4939 Wrote:DeanRichards pid='12403' dateline='1638923880']

Louie those are awesomely cool finds! Super excited to see the results even though he didn't start/finish the finals. I saw one of the sheets said Karter News on the bottom. Were these printed in the magazine and if so which issue/month/year? I would love to find that issue.  Thanks so much for everything, I will chat with my uncle and see if he remembers what happened in the finals.

Dean, this is the Karter News Issue that has the results of the '67 Nationals. The cover is of Ernie Fisher at the Calif. state championships which he won C open on a Grand Prix with Vince Petruzzi built West Bend 820's.

Attached Files
.jpg   img801.jpg (Size: 3.1 MB / Downloads: 11)
(12-09-2021, 09:52 AM)louie figone Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:38 PM)DeanRichards Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 08:11 PM)DeanRichards Wrote: Thanks Louie, for the info. I did find his name on the 67 sheet. He is listed on the "A" stock lights down near the bottom. Do you know what the times were for? Was this qualifing or how they finished in the championship race? Again, Louie thank you so much for your effort and time.

Dean, this is the Karter News Issue that has the results of the '67 Nationals. The cover is of Ernie Fisher at the Calif. state championships which he won C open on a Grand Prix with Vince Petruzzi built West Bend 820's.

Thanks so much for all your help Louie. Enjoy the Holidays.