Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entry list/results from 1963 and 67 Championship at Adams kart track
Does anyone on this forum have any info (Event program, entry list, or results) from the 1963 and/or 1967 Championships at Adams Kart track in California? My uncle Qualified for one of these years and I would like to get a copy of his accomplishment. His name is Phil Wilson Jr. I appreciate any info that you can provide. Thanks, Dean Richards.
(12-02-2021, 06:19 PM)DeanRichards Wrote: Does anyone on this forum have any info (Event program, entry list, or results) from the 1963 and/or 1967 Championships at Adams Kart track in California? My uncle Qualified for one of these years and I would like to get a copy of his accomplishment. His name is Phil Wilson Jr. I appreciate any info that you can provide. Thanks, Dean Richards.

Dean, I have the entries, qualifying times, heat race recap sheets for '67 Grand Nationals, 1964 was the earlier year the Grand Nationals were held at Riverside.
(12-02-2021, 07:53 PM)louie figone Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 06:19 PM)DeanRichards Wrote: Does anyone on this forum have any info (Event program, entry list, or results) from the 1963 and/or 1967 Championships at Adams Kart track in California? My uncle Qualified for one of these years and I would like to get a copy of his accomplishment. His name is Phil Wilson Jr. I appreciate any info that you can provide. Thanks, Dean Richards.

Dean, I have the entries, qualifying times, heat race recap sheets for '67 Grand Nationals, 1964 was the earlier year the Grand Nationals were held at Riverside.

Louie thanks for the reply. I am not sure exactly which year he qualified, but i do know it was at Adams kart track. I am going with info my other uncle told me, not sure if he could be off on his exact year.  With that said I would be interested in any info that you could provide. Thanks, Dean.
Dean, there is no Phil Wilson Jr. shown on the entries at the Nationals held at the Adams track in 1967, I only have the top 5 finishers for the Nationals that were held at Adams in 1964, he does not show on that, he probably was at the '64 event placing after 5th place.

Attached Files
.jpg   1967 Nationals Riverside Adams.jpg (Size: 1.25 MB / Downloads: 15)
Dean, here are the top five finishers at the 1964 Nationals held at Riverside.

Attached Files
.jpg   1964 Nationals Riverside top 5 finishers.jpg (Size: 3.21 MB / Downloads: 18)
Louie, good seeing all those old, great names. I hadn't seen Tex Bell's name since a couple years before. He was cool. Ted
Louie -- some great names and always nice too see the faces that went with the names. Two questions, is the Mark Shephard the same that sold the dual yellow Carreta to the owner of Vintage Air?? Last question-- who is the very good looking blond passing out the trophies and what is her name and number?
Big Grin 
Jim,

Yes that is the same Mark Shepard that you and he slaved in that trailer to get that Caretta on the track for Jack. Mark Shepard is mentioned in both the '64 and '67 Nationals. 

I don't know who that young woman is, I was not at the '64 event, at the '67 event we had Linda Vaughn, Miss Golden Shifter, she was very present in the pits and at the banquet, ask Haddock about Linda  Big Grin

Look how young everyone looked, but then we were young.  Lots of names on both those rosters are or have done vintage karting.
(12-06-2021, 10:16 AM)louie figone Wrote: Dean, there is no Phil Wilson Jr. shown on the entries at the Nationals held at the Adams track in 1967, I only have the top 5 finishers for the Nationals that were held at Adams in 1964, he does not show on that, he probably was at the '64 event placing after 5th place.

Thanks Louie, for the info. I did find his name on the 67 sheet. He is listed on the "A" stock lights down near the bottom. Do you know what the times were for? Was this qualifing or how they finished in the championship race? Again, Louie thank you so much for your effort and time.
(12-06-2021, 08:11 PM)DeanRichards Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:16 AM)louie figone Wrote: Dean, there is no Phil Wilson Jr. shown on the entries at the Nationals held at the Adams track in 1967, I only have the top 5 finishers for the Nationals that were held at Adams in 1964, he does not show on that, he probably was at the '64 event placing after 5th place.

Thanks Louie, for the info. I did find his name on the 67 sheet. He is listed on the "A" stock lights down near the bottom. Do you know what the times were for? Was this qualifing or how they finished in the championship race? Again, Louie thank you so much for your effort and time.

Dean, I skipped right over his name, my bad! Those are qualifying times. I have the race recaps; I will post them later today. The race recaps give you each lap for each kart, the points and final finish position.