Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few years ago ....clone carbs
I just ordered some on eBay so I can check the orifices.
I also use the blunt end of a new number drill set I only use to check carbs.

From memory which isn't the greatest anymore I do remember drilling out the high speed needle orifice to 0.060" and the carb worked fine. I think that is the only modification I made other than setting the fulcrum to 0.075" down from the diaphragm surface and POP to around 12psi like I do with all my gas tillys.

(06-08-2021, 01:04 PM)David Luciani Wrote: steve,
i'll look for it.
i am on road to recovery from this stupid sciatica that laid me out four weeks ago.
am able to sit upright again and haven't all that much to do right now as i am supposed to be taking it easy. 
those posts may have been in old forum thus almost impossible to repost. 
may take a while to find them.
i'm pretty sure i'll have time .
i able to get around now at least but can't work just yet.

d Cool

Sorry Dave, I struggled with that for almost a year, it is the worst. Mine turned out to be a cyst on a nerve root that finally drained.
I had 4 cortisone shots in my spine that did absolutely nothing. The surgeon even tried to drain the cyst with a guided needle that lifted me off the table about a foot...Pain like I never felt. That didn't help either. Another surgeon told me to hang on and the cyst would drain by itself eventually and he was correct.
I also did acupuncture which did give me some relief, never believed in it until then.
Hang on, it should get better. Too bad you are laid up, I was kind of hoping you might make it to our Avon Antique reunion.
"Life happens when you have other plans" (John Lennon)

.jpg   Avon 2011 017.jpg (Size: 1.22 MB / Downloads: 11)

Messages In This Thread
few years ago ....clone carbs - by steve miller - 06-05-2021, 02:09 PM
RE: few years ago ....clone carbs - by Jim Reiter - 06-05-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: few years ago ....clone carbs - by Scott Kneisel - 06-09-2021, 05:18 AM