Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug!
Small update! I finally made my way over to Doug Sharp's place this evening to drop the frame and tank off for a good work over. One question we have concerns the floor pan. The (few) pictures I've been able to track down show what appears to be small strips of steel that run along the perimeter of the main frame which tie into the seat back which is solid, save for a cutout for the fuel tank to pass through mounting from the front side. It then appears there is an aluminum floor pan. I cannot see how the aluminum pan mounts to these strips of 1 inch steel. Also, it was suggested that it may be easier to install a full steel pan for ease of welding and then cut the floor portion out 1 inch from the rails before installing the aluminum sheet. Would this be advisable over messing with strips of steel? 

Finally, I'm still on the hunt for a bug swing mount if anyone has one. Even a good set of pics if it would be simple enough to reproduce. 

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug! - by Stuart Thomas - 01-12-2020, 06:46 PM