Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug!
Stuart, getting parts for Power Products engines is very difficult. West Bends and Macs are FAR easier to find spare parts for. Macs are easiest, as there were so many sold. Also, since Macs were West Coast produced, kart brands like Bug, Go Kart and the like were more often sold with Macs. Power Products and West bend were from Wisconsin, and the Midwestern karts such as Dart were more likely to be powered by them. As much as I like the Power Products engines, they are more fragile in some areas, and I think I'd stick to Mac or 820 West Bend. The Mac 91 is always a good choice, as the appearance of a 91 isn't much different than that of the Mc7, 8 and 9. If you paint a 91 flywheel shroud Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow, or RAL 1023 yellow powder coat, and add the cylinder head from a Mac 7, 8 or 9 it'll come close to looking like one of the earlier engines. I took an Mc101, added the round head, the flywheel shroud from an Mc20 and an Mc20 shroud sticker, and it looked very "period correct". A Homelite KL100 is also period correct, but even harder to find parts for than the PP 61. TJ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug! - by ted johnson - 01-11-2020, 01:38 PM