Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug!
Ted, thank you for the information! I was simply pointing out some inconsistencies I had noticed and I didn't account for the possibility that Bug may have changed things from one ad to the other. The more I dig in, the more I'm liking these karts since each one is unique in some way and I thoroughly enjoy a good history lesson/study!!!

My kart has a few odd ball features that throw me off on correctly dating it. First, the seat frame might suggest it was an early production since they used old stock from an earlier frame design. Second, the back of my frame rails clearly had a straight cut at the end vs the later angle cut. I believe this is because in the later production runs, they used the same frame rails on the red bugs and the frames that had a rear section where they tied in. Third, my frame has a 5/8 steering shaft. This is the one detail that throws me where everything else points to an early frame, the steering shaft points to a 62-63 build date. It's possible the steering shaft was updated at some point but if it was, they did a great job as it looks factory. 

With that said, an update is in order. I am dropping my frame off for repairs either today or tomorrow and I hope to have my parts very soon. I don't have pictures of everything but as of right now, I'm only looking for a bug swing mount and one rear half of a 5 inch trophy spider wheel. Enjoy!

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_3220.jpg (Size: 128.84 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   IMG_3223.jpg (Size: 140.77 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   IMG_3222.jpg (Size: 137.16 KB / Downloads: 23)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug! - by Stuart Thomas - 12-31-2019, 08:58 AM