Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug!
Bug karts only came with Hands wheels, or the Trophy Spiders. Hands and Trophy were basically interchangeable. These were the only options without special order form the factory. Bug was like Go Kart. Call the factory and you could buy pretty much any manufacturer's optional parts. It's a fact that a couple of the LRB karts I sold, the buyer didn't want the 4" Hands rear wheels. Go Power wheels were all the rage then, so I switched out rims on those karts for the Go Power magnesium 4" front, 4" or 5" rear wheels. I had a heck of a time getting rid of those 4" Hands rear wheels! I wish I had them now. A very small number of our local Brevard County karters followed my example and used the Go Power 4" mag wheels all around. I have that setup on my n1ke kart right now. Back in the day, I ran 4" narrow slicks all around on my A Super Go kart 800 for quite a while. 4" Go Power rear mags are hard to find, but they are out there. 5" Hands rears are also a little scarce. The first Bug Scorpions came with Hands 4" aluminum front wheels with the steel inner half, and 5" Hands aluminum rear wheels with the steel inner half. Bugs were available with Hands magnesium wheels instead of the aluminum for extra cost, but the Hands mag wheels are rare. I see Dave agrees with me on the advisability for you to email me for Al Klusman's contact info. Al IS a great guy!
Dave, I'm glad that you seem to be feeling a bit more yourself. God bless you, Bud. Ted

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for some guidance and parts for a Little Red Bug! - by ted johnson - 12-29-2019, 12:09 PM