Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seat foam for Fox kart
So who is making seat foam for the Fox karts now?
Tom, Some folks in Cali molded foam a few years ago . The last I heard they are no longer in the biz.

Several years ago , I had a seat made and the upholsterer also did the foam . He did high end car upholstery and did the cover and foam beautifully. Good luck , Chris
This is probably who Chris M is thinking of (check to be sure!).  From the first VKA First Turn I grabbed (Jun/July 2017), back page:
Bill Rowan, R&I Metals, Fox Satellite Seat shells and foam, www.RImetal.com, bill <swirly at symbol>RImetal.com.
Anyone who's dealt with Bill Rowan knows the capabilities of his shop. Great guy. Ted
(08-11-2018, 12:08 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Anyone who's dealt with Bill Rowan knows the capabilities of his shop. Great guy. Ted
RE: the Satellite Seat Foam...
I have talked with Terry Ives...Vince Hughes( who is a personal friend of Bill Rowan.) And talked to Bill.
He has No interest in making the seat foam.He says: Its a Very difficult and costly  process. Not worth it.!
I made several from 2” foam slices. A real PITA. I didn’t know you could sand foam. Do it outside! A real relationship buster.