Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axles
(08-03-2018, 09:15 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Yes, Brad. I had a machine shop in Albuquerque do one for me, but there's nobody near here I would trust. Don Axe will make me a good one of TG&P stock. Ted

I bought one of the Azuza flex proof axles and it was really bent bad. I contacted them and they made it right and sent me another at no charge that was really straight. I'm still using and abusing it today with no issues.
I had heard of the problems with bent Azusa "flex-proof" axles, so before I bought a new one last winter I contacted them to see if they were aware of the issue. They assured me that they had rectified the problem, so I one from them. No problems with it.
I just made 5 new 1" axles thinking it would save some time by doing 5 at once.  Trying to remember which one is which etc. when they're for 4 different karts can confuse that theory right away.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tom, they're pretty, though! Five axles for four karts... Which kart has two axles? TJ
Teddy, you have to ask? Which kart has two axles? The one that has a wicked "push," of course!
Seems I remember a kart waaay back in the early days with two rear axles. There've been a lot of permutations, four steering fronts, four rears, steering fronts with a West Bend on each spindle. Here's Hank Rotroff's dirt SAE with three rear wheels. I remember another three-rear-wheeled kart at the Nats way back. Lady drivers, dual PP-82's. I had a Go Kart 1200, dual Mc30's and wheels on each end of the axle with a third wheel in the center of the axle. Nobody experiments these days! Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-08-2018, 09:10 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Seems I remember a kart waaay back in the early days with two rear axles. There've been a lot of permutations, four steering fronts, four rears, steering fronts with a West Bend on each spindle. Here's Hank Rotroff's dirt SAE with three rear wheels. I remember another three-rear-wheeled kart at the Nats way back. Lady drivers, dual PP-82's. I had a Go Kart 1200, dual Mc30's and wheels on each end of the axle with a third wheel in the center of the axle. Nobody experiments these days! Ted

Oh yeah!  As a kid, I think I paid a quarter to go in a tent and see that kart... and some other similar stuff... at the county fair.