Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 60 class structure
(07-01-2018, 12:28 PM)steve welte Wrote: i'll have a vintage historic square tube frame I made in 64 right out of high school ( all gas welded) with a 580 next year.
 Model 100 is the 1962 version of the F1 and it was painted the same color as the 200 model. The 300 was blue. None of the 62 models had an R in the designation. That only applied to the 1961 R1. Any of the Mc models would make a great historic kart with the appropriate engine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gary W should post his vintage karter theory of evolution here as i think it's pretty dang accurate.

goes something like this
person finds vintage decides to join.
finds kart and year or three later shows up with his creation.

first kart perfect perfect perfect trailer queen.
maybe wins a show or two but keeps getting beat on the track

owner gets bored and tired of "losing to cheaters".
 goes to building hot rod version "vintage" kart with lots of fast parts.
  • works his butt off prepping kart,
  •  aggressively hunts down 'best' motor builders
  • goes to track with lots of spares,
  • works his butt off at track with gear changes  motor tune tire swaps.
  • bangs tires maybe wins a bit .

goes home with busted gear sore body angry at new cheats invented seemingly overnite.
starts wanting simpler "modern" parts that will bolt onto vintage equipment to make it easier at track.
bends rules a tiny bit, argues with people who cheated better.
starts shopping classes to become a big fish in small pond.
makes and has enemies starts controversies advocates for more rules
finally, notices vintage karting has become a massive money pit with and escalating parts war in upgrades.
aaaand it's not too fun .

decides to dial back a bit.
Discovers there are guys at track who care less about winning. Big Grin 
they run their karts for fun, hang out, have barbeques and maybe and adult beverage or two after track closes. Smile
learns how to bench race and stretch it a bit about past victories bench racing. Dodgy
helps out running event.

discovers he now has s44t ton of friends and a blast at every event.
 starts to care about era correct helping the other guy get going, showing newbes the ropes ect ect.
has a smile all weekend

and 
can't wait for next event
NOW NEWBE
 IS A REAL 
VINTAGE KARTER

of course
 imho
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
d Cool
Dave L.
Negative comments go faster than positive comments.  Most of what I read on here probably doesn't sit well with a newbie or somebody trying to make it fun for everyone.  Somebody makes a suggestion only to get blasted for it.
If you can't say something positive don't post here contact the promoter ,member, driver or organization with your issues and concerns.  
Most of the events I've been to have space and time to deal with your suggestions on or off the track. Point being there's room for everyone to share the event all at once.   
I'm not going to respond back on here.
invaderjb@gmail.com
jeff ,
first ,
as i said before you run one of the best events in vintage karting so what you say does matter.
i respect your input and agree contacting the powers that be is a good approach to getting things done.

however i believe discussing rule changes in public takes the mystery out of why something was done and lets everyone including newbes understand the process.

so imho changes should be discussed publically and people disagreeing with with changes isn't a negative comment just an opinion.

a civil discussion both about the pros and cons  of an idea will generally clarify what needs to be done.
on this forum the only rule i really have is no personal attacks so the conversation generally remains civil.
by taking the mystery out of why something was changed you'll see less complaints after the change imho.

enough said
d Cool
Dave L.
What parts for Hartman do you need Richie Engel