Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class for vintage event
I only suggested the Historic class because I thought Michael was just starting out and by the picture this would be the best class just for fun. If someone has a full house old Mac in there it will be faster than the 820 shown in the picture. Move him up to sportsman rear if the 820 is too fast. Promoters call, not rocket science.
(05-02-2018, 08:01 AM)Tom Day Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 09:14 AM)Al Post 97 Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 08:51 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: go ahead ..split hairs...

I'm done with ya...

gw

Aww......
Now you hurt my feelings.

Why not using real name?

Tom Day, you ask why not use real names...... There had been a problem on this forum with me being able to sign in.
Dave tried to get me a new password but it would not work with the original full name I had joined with. The system also would not allow me to rejoin using my full name. So as a last stitch effort it was suggested to use what you see as a member name now. "Al Post 97". The system accepted it and that the reason why.

It's me, make no mistake, Al Postiglione. Formally referred to as "The Long Island Guy", yesterday it was "The Hard Nosed NE Guy", and now it seems I'm being called "Al (Mueller)". 

And the hits just keep coming........
Tom,,,

we are gonna put him in front of a Grand Jury and get the real story......

I kinda like Al Mueller, still laughing my butt off.....my sick humor...

gw...
Thanks for all the replies guys. I didn't mean to stir up so much controversy! As Dave said, I have no racing experience so I was just wondering what class my kart would fit it.

Michael
Be there the first day of the event, that's practice day. That will let you get a bunch of laps in and get a feel for your kart. Once the promoter sees how your kart performs I'm sure they'll pick a class for you for the following day if you want to run again. I can't imagine anyone is going to send you home and not let you run. Tier II is generally slower paced, so if the promoter is willing to give you a choice I'd suggest you pick one of those classes for your first "demonstration". The big thing is have fun and do what you're comfortable with.
(05-02-2018, 05:07 PM)Michael Drechnowicz Wrote: Thanks for all the replies guys. I didn't mean to stir up so much controversy! As Dave said, I have no racing experience so I was just wondering what class my kart would fit it.

Michael

Hey,,,Michael...

don't pay much attention to us,,we're just givin each other a hard time,,,all in fun,,,,

bring the kart with the 820, get some laps in ,,figure what you want to do,,,you will never get sent packing...

gw
Michael, don't pay any attention to these guys-they're just having fun! They're all nuts. Me, too. Just run the 820 and have fun. Ted
(05-02-2018, 07:14 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Michael, don't pay any attention to these guys-they're just having fun! They're all nuts. Me, too. Just run the 820 and have fun. Ted

Michael, you didn't stir up trouble. This just became a discussion about the different options available for the 820 engine. Bring that Kart and engine out to Nicholson this weekend...... You're going to have lots of fun.
(05-02-2018, 08:06 PM)Al Post 97 Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 07:14 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Michael, don't pay any attention to these guys-they're just having fun! They're all nuts. Me, too. Just run the 820 and have fun. Ted

Michael, you didn't stir up trouble. This just became a discussion about the different options available for the 820 engine. Bring that Kart and engine out to Nicholson this weekend...... You're going to have lots of fun.

Wow, this has morphed into a fun post. Way better than fake news! Big Grin
Michael will be a welcome addition to historic or any class, a first class guy.