Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class for vintage event
Michael D, did you ever see the movie "Grumpy Old Men"? Just asking, no particular reason...

By ALL means, come on out. Always glad to bring in new folks, and nobody will care which class you run (at least, until you start winning left and right). Cross that bridge when you get to it. I've heard of that bridge, but never seen it myself.
Doug - I must say that you do have a way with words that make me chuckle. How well does a stock US820 run anyway, I happen to have one thats never been fired.
so many answers with a little banter thrown in. So if you have a stock 820 it's not a whole lot of motor. It's actually not real fast. Now modified it can be a different animal. Stock it's not going to run performance wise with a modified say MC 20 or a stroked 10 and not with my modifed Mac 6. I have all these engines so I know how they run vs. each other. With little experiance, start at the rear, and if you feel comfortable in Historic try it. Any engine only goes as fast as you push the pedal. after watching some of the events you will have a better idea where you want to run.
(05-01-2018, 12:10 PM)steve welte Wrote: ".........if you feel comfortable in Historic try it. Any engine only goes as fast as you push the pedal. after watching some of the events you will have a better idea where you want to run."

I could be wrong but I don't remember Michael saying anything about being uncomfortable. I think he was just asking if there was a place/class for his kart and engine setup.

(05-01-2018, 11:28 AM)doug tenney Wrote: Michael D, did you ever see the movie "Grumpy Old Men"?  Just asking, no particular  reason...

By ALL means, come on out.  Always glad to bring in new folks, and nobody will care which class you run (at least, until you start winning left and right).  Cross that bridge when you get to it.  I've heard of that bridge, but never seen it myself.

Hey Doug, I seen the movie..... Just saying and for no particular reason..... One old guy in the movie was definitely a lot grumpier then the other old guy.

So Doug, are you guys making it out to Nicholson?
the VKA guidelines are in place to assure a fair playing field....much time has been spent on those guidelines....

when ever I see some push back on the guidelines it usually means the individual pushing back is in the class( or has a friend or a family member in that class) and has that, ""I can't win if you allow those in "" attitude....its not about winning....

not grumpy...just dealing with a hard nosed NE guy that likes to interpret the rules(guidelines ) the way he wants to......lol....and I'm sure my comments didn't hurt him,,,hes a big boy

to say an 820 is to much motor , or a lot of motor...well, I guess hes never driven a stock 820....bark,bark,,,,

gw
Ok Gary, I'm beginning to understand. 
A difference of opinion is considered push back on the VKA and deserving of your 
comment that you are done with me. Nice.

BTW, that "bark, bark" comment at the end...... That was priceless.

The Hard Nosed N.E. Guy,
-Al

(BTW, How many shirts can I put you down for)
Sad to say, it doesn't look good for us getting to Nicholson (again).  Long story.

I thought my son's US820 ran respectably against 100cc Macs, especially if they were running dry clutches & box mufflers, and/or the driver happened to be a client of the Big & Tall shop.  Against a well-tuned Mac with a pipe & wet clutch, forget it.  The V12 intake with two HL's was the only mod.
Al...(Mueller)...

as usual..I used one wrong word,,,kinda like someone else we know ,,,""YA"" instead of "IT""...just a difference of opinion,,,

and the Bark Bark..that was in reference to the doggish 820 , not you...again,,(Mueller)...LOL

gw
guys, dial; it back a bit with the comments.
getting a touch close to personal comments.

on the us820.
way back about 10-12 years ago a vka guideline was changed to allow 820's in historic classes.
alot of whining ensued.
modified 820's being unfair , they were available then thus legal blah blah blah.
you namre it and it was said.
the end result was we decided in historic a stock 820 is what vka means nothing else.

stock 820's in that class could be one of the fastest karts but that then depends on driver.
i know mike mostly has parking lot experience so i can and will answer his question clearly.

run the historic class that's where you will be comfortable and matched to your current skill set.
perhaps later in the season you'll want to be challenged with faster grids if so move up to the sportsman class.
running with other karts on the track will be a different thing at first but you'll be fine.
this advise is good for any new driver.
hope this helps
d Cool
Dave L.
(05-01-2018, 09:14 AM)Al Post 97 Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 08:51 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: go ahead ..split hairs...

I'm done with ya...

gw

Aww......
Now you hurt my feelings.

Why not using real name?