Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vintage snowmobile racing ..(looking for brett mallory )
(03-11-2018, 04:43 PM)Brett Mallory Wrote: Gary, you'll have to make it next year.  Every year it gets a little tougher on the body but I still enjoy doing it.

I'll even furnish you with a sled if you want to try it.

I just may take you up on that...I still have all my Vintage gear ...   prolly still warm,,Helmet may be out of date,,,by about 20 years....LOL

gw
Gary (or whoever), if you want to see some video of the races go on Youtube and search "Potter county oval race 2018".  There's about ten short clips of the races.  It looks like they were done with a cell phone, but it will give you a good idea what it's like.  The gal that took them caught some pretty good action.
petty sure at this time in my life..I'm a casual snowmobiler...

I;ll watch the racin..LOL

but TY

gw
Well that looked like a lot of fun and brings back a lot of old memories of the USSA racing days. Not meaning to turn our vintage kart site into a vintage snow mobile site because one already exists. I attended a few shows at that track with some of my restored race sleds ( I posted a few pics of my restorations) in both summer and winter and had a great time. Wish I could have attended that one.

On another note both Scott and I hope to see a lot of you at our 1st annual Avon NY Antique & Historic Kart and Mini Bike event on June 7th -9th. No Racing but 3 days of track time.

Thanks,
Sam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sam,

That's why I enjoy this race so much.  It's such a flashback to see the rooster tails of snow behind the sleds as they go through the corners.  I used to go to the races with my dad when I was a kid, but I never got to race myself so I'm making up for it now.  It's still fun, it just hurts more!

I'm already planning on June 7/8/9, I wouldn't miss it for the world.  Now that I have more free time, I want to get more involved with the GVKC.  It's one of my most favorite places to be.

Maybe I'll see you at the GVKC membership meeting this Sunday?