Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulse hole
(12-20-2017, 03:03 PM)stan wauthier Wrote: Hey Ted,

I'm pretty sure it would run well on my kart!!  Big Grin

Hey, Stan! Is that some kinda hint? Sure would like to see you and Joel. Merry Christmas. I've been working on a NOS but very corroded GEM W.B. header, and I'm tired. I thought it was ready for the wheel, but I think another month or so with Wetordry is needed! I wish I had Sam Bennett's skill in finishing. Ted
Not trying to hijack this thread, but it looks like we may be in Phoenix around the end of March.  I'll let you know as dates get finalized.  Hopefully we can get together then.
(12-21-2017, 09:29 AM)stan wauthier Wrote: Not trying to hijack this thread, but it looks like we may be in Phoenix around the end of March.  I'll let you know as dates get finalized.  Hopefully we can get together then.

If you are running a piston port engine and you have no reed valve, then you must do that to get a pulse for the carb. I am running one like that now.
Stan, I hope that chance brings you here when we run Tucson, but you are welcome any time. A PM will get my phone number to you.
Thanks, Billy. I'm totally green on piston port. Ted
Piston-port motors also have + and - pulses in their crankcases.  I'm guessing that the 2-strokes that need to run upside-down (i.e., like weed-whackers and chainsaws) bring the crankcase pulses up to the pumper section of the carb, either through a passage or a hose.

The alternative is to use the pulses in the intake tract, but I'm guessing that they're much weaker.  Apparently they're strong enough to get the job done in some applications.

I guess I'll have to check next time I have a weed-whacker or chainsaw apart.  I'm sure most of you guys know this cold?
Certainly older chainsaws pulse the carb the same way we do on kart engines. I'm sure modern stuff works exactly the same way. Why not? It's cheap and it works well. I don't have a clue about the four cycle stuff. TJ