Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulse hole
So, why would someone put an end mill into the HL mounting flange and extend the pulse hole into the throttle bore? Thanks. Ted
funny whatca find I just took an mc8 apart ...it was blown up at one time rod karate chopped bottom of jug ..well the funny thing is it must set up in crank broke rod and left a couple pretty big niks in crank ..so they ground about .012 deep trench all way around center of rod journal of crank ..
its clear that it ran like that along time rings were so wore out they almost wore in two pieces in the center ..
Whoever did the pulse hole bit did it on purpose. Is it a four cycle thing? Would it even run on a two cycle? TJ
i have heard of that before.
it creates a pulse for the carb to pump
tk
GEARBOX
I figured they were pulsing the carb off the intake pulses on a four cycle. TJ
sounds 4 strokeish ..but all the years I ran 4 strokes we had external pulse either off side of intake or from side cover ..
I imagine I will just use this carb body for parts, anyhow. No biggie! Thanks. Ted
I just recently was on a site (can't remember what) and that was the talk. Guy said you can run the carb just fine like that. I've never tired it but told TK I might have to sacrifice a $12.85 clone carb to find out. It was on some 2 stroke chatter.
(12-18-2017, 07:05 PM)steve welte Wrote: I just recently was on a site (can't remember what) and that was the talk. Guy said you can run the carb just fine like that. I've never tired it but told TK I might have to sacrifice a $12.85 clone carb to find out. It was on some 2 stroke chatter.

Thanks, Steve. I have a 348 alky coming from eBay, and a 360 alky coming from Bill Rowan. I KNOW the Bill R. carb will run great, just as his personal ones do. I plan to assemble the one with the modded pulse hole and see how it runs. I need to check out the drill sizes first, and also the drill sizes on the 348 from eBay. I guess I will need to find a donor 820 so I can swipe the pieces I need to assemble my last 610 Libberton block and find a kart to run it on. Merry Christmas, guys. TJ
Hey Ted,

I'm pretty sure it would run well on my kart!!  Big Grin