Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER GREAT- PETE BERLT PASSED AWAY
About 2005 Butch and Pete came to my place in Michigan.  Pete brought the picture of his triple which we copied  however it was a Lancer .  We all worked on it for several days.  We took it to my friend Mauri Rose JR  ( his dad won the 500 3 times) to get some welding done and for Butch and Pete to meet him. Later that year Butch, Pete and I took it to Fremont along with an exact lancer that was a dual.  Butch drove the triple and I drove the dual chasing him around at the Big one for several laps.  We didn't take any video maybe someone has it.
I have a picture of Pete sitting in it around somewhere.

One more story , we were at Quincy around the same year and Pete wanted to drive the Dual b bomb kart.  He insisted that he had to drive one more time.  Well we reluctantly put him in one figuring we would just start one engine.
We fired up the one engine and he sat there and looked up holding up 2 fingers like what kind of trick is this. We started the other motor and let him out holding are breath because he wasn't in the best of health then.  He made it around several times and when he came in the smile on his face was ear to ear.  Then out came  that one of a kind laugh.   

Butch was just up here to visit, we talked about Pete for hours. Pete was like a father to him.  Pete introduced Butch to Mick Rupp .  Butch worked as an engineer for Rupp and drove his karts for years. Pete and Mick were best of friends way back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ANOTHER GREAT- PETE BERLT PASSED AWAY - by jeff brown - 12-15-2017, 07:20 PM