Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REAL NAME AND LOCATION
Brian,
We all know what the rule is and how and why it’s the way it is. What’s being said here is that people using handles instead of real names are being allowed to post and respond and nothing is being done about it. That’s pretty obvious when even admin posts to threads started by handle users and make no mention of the name rule.
my real last name is Wolkiewicz if you would like to update it
(11-04-2017, 04:17 PM)johnnyrocket Wrote: my real last name is Wolkiewicz if you would like to update it

see Johnny...yer in the same boat as me ,,,nobody can pronounce it,,but we still want to know..LOL

gw
GW.....you're from that tribe pronounced Whoa-law Dark Sky of course you have to say it fast and with a Midwest accent
Dodgy ...... Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   Help button.jpg (Size: 7.94 KB / Downloads: 121)
I think I got mine updated. Let's see.
(11-04-2017, 05:11 PM)Duke Zink Wrote: I think I got mine updated. Let's see.

Duke..famous people get a pass......LOL,,,

gw
There is one thing I fail to understand and that is - what is it about the real name rule that people just fail to go along with?  As in the newest post I see from someone looking for a Mac crankshaft?  This forum is made up of the finest, most helpful, most knowledgable group of guys that will literally go out of their way to help a fellow karter and I find it most irritating for someone to sign on using a "handle".  So I'm curious as to what part of the steps necessary to creating an account are being overlooked and WHY?
(11-05-2017, 06:58 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 05:11 PM)Duke Zink Wrote: I think I got mine updated. Let's see.

Duke..famous people get a pass......LOL,,,

gw

Famous?  Maybe notorious.  Big Grin
Fixed mine I think. Bobby Garland Jr. Pontiac,Ill.
ok guys,

first there is about a dozen reasons why people use fake names on the forum.
i've gone over ALL OF THIS IN THE PAST.
as admins we tried numerous ways to get only real names and so forth.
we kicked off newbes with handles deleted accounts tried sending emails but nothing worked.
we got tired of defining insanity by trying the same thing over and over again so we did something different.

the forum admin's modified the rules to allow newbes in without real names but they aren't supposed to post.
we all seem to know they aren't supposed to post as seen by everyone saying so in this post.
so why is it ONLY gary w seems to know that newbes don't get answers till they fix the name issue?? Rolleyes

rather than complain that admins aren't doing their job POLICING THE FORUM just tell newbes you'd be happy to answer a question or discuss a topic "but first get your handle changed to a real name please"

the way i've always done it and others did on the old forum was simple welcoming and polite.
just say welcome to the forum person without a name.
we are happy to help you with your question
BUT FIRST LETS GET YOUR REAL NAME and INFO TO THE ADMIN AND GET THAT FIXED FIRST.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
as admins we've found constantly writing emails to newbes asking for name changes is kinda time consuming!!!
also reading every single post to be sure people with fake names aren't posting is kinda time consuming!!!
after all the admins also would like a little free time to work on their machines. Big Grin

so a little help here would go a long long way.

IMHO Expecting the overworked admins to police every issue in the forum PLUS HUNT DOWN EVIL DOERS POSTING STUFF WITH A FAKE NAME!!!! is a tinsie bit unreasonable.

Cool
AS FAR AS IGNORING THIS BLATANT ABUSE IN A PREVIOUS POST YEP I DID THAT.
THE THREAD WAS ALREADY UNDERWAY WITH ANSWERS AND WAS TOO GOOD A THREAD TO KILL OVER A SILLY RULE. PLUS I'VE ALREADY MET THE GUY POSTING AND FIGURED TO FIX HIS NAME AT SOME POINT NEXT WEEK SO ALL IS COOL.
D
arghhh stupid caps lock!!!

Save
Dave L.