Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse Rotation
If you look closely at the photo, you will see that the engine is running counter clockwise. It is a stub axle. If you move it to the other mount by turning it 180 it is still running  counter clockwise which makes it in reverse. That is why the rotation must be reversed. Hope this clears things up.
Billy, I guess everyone (me too) just assumed that your kart presently goes backwards, and you’re trying to tell us that it doesn't.  (Come to think of it, if you built that sharp looking kart, you’re way too smart for that!)

You just wants to the motor to run in the opposite direction!  Spill the beans, you have another AH600 and want to make a twin.  We're on to you now!

First, take the spark plug out.  Spin the motor backwards with your cordless drill, etc..  Get any sparks?  If by some miracle you do, then the problem reduces to re-phasing the flywheel onto the crank to give proper timing.  Guys have done that… not me… start a new thread.

BTW, on West Bends, in addition to different keyway locations on the crank, the magnets on the flywheel have different polarity, for CW vs. CCW motors.  So, just flipping the coil around on the engine block probably won’t work for you… but it might!
Doug -- I did interrupt it just like you did that he was saying the engine in the picture is running the wrong direction so that is why many of us got off on the wrong side of the problem. Ok now that this has been solved just put a McCulloch
on the right side and paint both engines the same color and not that many people will catch the difference. Paint will hide a multiple of problems. Might even win "Best of Show" for ingenuity. I have seen mixed engines on karts before so it is not an original suggestion.
steve m,
just to pull your chain.
mccullochs were mounted duals on dead axles.
there was an extension shaft kit available for mc10's allowing pto operation on flywheel side.
never took off as live axles were very soon after.
Cool
Dave L.
..good here from you dave ., but way ahead of you read post #20 .. lol..