Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse Rotation
    What would it take to reverse rotation on an Tecumseh AH600?   piston port  solid state ignition
(10-08-2017, 10:58 AM)Billy Hoke Wrote: What would it take to reverse rotation on an Tecumseh AH600?   piston port  solid state ignition

`Second question. Would rekeying the flywheel do it?
might be screwed unless has points..
im not that familiar with p/p stuff ..
but you don't need a key roll it were it needs be .. lap it in...torque it down it,ll stay ..
wouldn't take long to find out ..
No idea on that engine.
I can reverse a Clinton whether it is points or module.
I bought a broaching tool from McMaster Carr to cut a new keyway in the flywheel.
Probably spent $60 for the tool.

The trick is to determine where to put the new keyway.
I was able to cheat, because Clinton made two different flywheels, so I just copied.
(10-10-2017, 06:05 PM)Terry Sullivan Wrote: No idea on that engine.
I can reverse a Clinton whether it is points or module.
I bought a broaching tool from McMaster Carr to cut a new keyway in the flywheel.
Probably spent $60 for the tool.

The trick is to determine where to put the new keyway.
I was able to cheat, because Clinton made two different flywheels, so I just copied.

Thank you both for your reply. Gives me something to contemplate.
..I think ..I rolled my motor the opposite direction ... set piston in hole .050 .. made points open at that time by grinding around the whole crank left the high spot there ..rolled flywheel till magnets lined up with coil ..
or something like that ...lol..
No points to worry with
id be lost
if something has points I can make it spark ..
even if I gotta use a battery ...lol..
(10-11-2017, 06:09 PM)steve miller Wrote: id be lost
if something has points I can make it spark ..  
even if I gotta use a battery ...lol..

Looking at the picture of the kart and it has dual engine mounts why can't you just turn the engine 180 degrees and put it on the opposite motor mount plate if it is going in the wrong direction?  No I am not being a smart ass, I just wonder why that wouldn't work.  I see the sprocket is attached to the wheel so you cannot move the sprocket anywhere on the axle, so why wouldn't that work?  The clutch will turn in either direction without any changes needed.  

The other answers given seem like a lot of work and if you are wrong then you end up with a boat anchor.
.james ., that's another way for sure ..but looks like the way the motors set up carb would be dragging on ground .??? .as well as cyl. head .. a guy would have make whole new mount ..??? so motors flat not standing up ..not sure if recoil can be turned ..but your right it could be turned upside down and backwards to run on other side for sure ..