Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GK 1200 eBay
Randy,

The GK1200 is still there. Take the number Ted provided and key it into the search field on EBay, it'll come right up. You do not need to type in anything other than the number itself. I first tried typing in "Item" then the actual number and that doesn't work. Good luck...
Hey, Shawn. I spent a lot of time with only hand tools in a little apartment in Weiser, ID restoring a 1200 back in '04-'05. Once it was on it's four wheels, I couldn't fit in the doggone thing! I took the engines off and sold it at '07 TBO. Best kart I ever drove, back when I was 18 YO, but if ya cant fit nor sit, ya can't drive the beast! That's why the n1ke and the Photon have the seat shoved back and the steering wheel up and forward! Ted
Yea I squeezed into it.  It definitely needed a disc brake also so I could drive it deeper into the corner and charge harder Smile But it was cool with the little Franken-bender 580. 

https://youtu.be/Rkoi7hsR9HM

Ahh how sweet an upgraded 1200 could be.
Thanks Vince.....I followed your advice, using just search and it came up !

I had tried advance search, nothing.....then completed listings, searched vintage karts, karts, etc etc.....finally gave up
.....now that I found it, yikes !  $50 = sorry try a bit more, BIN = $125 and sorry, local pick up only .

No problem.....so the pride of Duffys Go Kart models ends up in this condition . If the seller would take $50 and I knew someone  that  would haul it to my friend Deb in New Jersey to use as a chassis to make a nice upholstery pattern from,
I wouldn't mind the rescue, other then that it's RIP for this oldie .

Better that the Welte's bend some new tube for some fresh runners, then try to work a miracle on these old bones .....
sad as it is to see a historical chassis' slip away from too many hack jobs .

Sad   For a last look, quick link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-go-kart-...dQ&vxp=mtr

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)