Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rigp questions
Ok I'll pony up so they don't have to scratch their -alls. Shawn will be running in 206 masters so he will already have a transponder. It's another $35.00 for them. I'm sure that has something to do with it. It's not the end of the world either way.
(08-30-2017, 11:59 AM)steve welte Wrote: Ok I'll pony up so they don't have to scratch their -alls. Shawn will be running in 206 masters so he will already have a transponder. It's another $35.00 for them. I'm sure that has something to do with it. It's not the end of the world either way.

Steve,
 i don't care, if anyone wants to forgo the transponder it's fine with me. I'm just letting everyone know what was said. It's a couple of women that kind of run the show that were complaining. If they don't start showing us a little respect I'm out next year.
That’s funny because Roger Ruthart the promoter always makes a point of coming over and thanking us for coming with our vintage karts. Maybe just likes dad and I.

I still don’t care one way or the other how its scored or whether or not I’m scored. I don’t need any trophies in vintage class. I’ll save the hard / cutthroat racing for the Briggs class that I’m running.

Based on the schedule and that they have all of us grouped together in one group, we will want to have a drivers meeting before practice and before the race. We do not want someone that is new or driving a rear engine with a Mc49 starting on the pole, no matter what the HELL the scoring people tell us. And if you ask Roger he will leave it up to us as a group to make those decisions and to err on safety first.

I do not care what anyone tells you guys, this one is certainly a DEMONSTRATION. We are there to put on a show for a ton of spectators and not to win a Rock like the other classes, there is no run-off and I can tell you those barriers hurt if you hit them with a modern kart with full 4-stroke bodywork even.
Like I posted on facebook, have some fun with this event. Get with your buddy that has like equipment and put on a show. the crowd can only see you come by for a block or 2. YOU are the loudest thing they hear all weekend. Blasting between the buildings. Run with your buddy and change positions a couple times a lap. The crowd doesn't know. Shawn and I often do this when running together and you won't know it. We point a pinky off the steering wheel where we want the other person to go or slap a leg. OH you thought we were racing that hard!
(08-30-2017, 04:13 PM)Shawn Welte Wrote: That’s funny because Roger Ruthart the promoter always makes a point of coming over and thanking us for coming with our vintage karts.  Maybe just likes dad and I.

I still don’t care one way or the other how its scored or whether or not I’m scored.  I don’t need any trophies in vintage class.  I’ll save the hard / cutthroat racing for the Briggs class that I’m running.

Based on the schedule and that they have all of us grouped together in one group, we will want to have a drivers meeting before practice and before the race.  We do not want someone that is new or driving a rear engine with a Mc49 starting on the pole, no matter what the HELL the scoring people tell us.  And if you ask Roger he will leave it up to us as a group to make those decisions and to err on safety first.  

I do not care what anyone tells you guys, this one is certainly a DEMONSTRATION.  We are there to put on a show for a ton of spectators and not to win a Rock like the other classes, there is no run-off and I can tell you those barriers hurt if you hit them with a modern kart with full 4-stroke bodywork even.

Roger is fine to talk to but a couple of other people have his ear. Without them taking charge there probably would not be an event BUT it has to be their way and they are really the ones that don't really care what happens with us.It's all about the modern karts with them. So it is what it is.
All ready. Loaded up to go to one of our favorite events of the year. Be there in the morning.