Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rigp questions
grid order will be what?

need to know so i can decide about dual bring or not.
if duals are right after american singles it won't be doable.

second are we using transponders?
if so are private ones useful to bring?
i have two complete with chargers and they light up fine.
i know little about how they are registered or even if they require registering .
somebody clue me in on private ones please?
Cool
Dave L.
(08-20-2017, 11:24 PM)David Luciani Wrote: grid order will be what?

need to know so i can decide about dual bring or not.
if duals are right after american singles it won't be doable.

second are we using transponders?
if so are private ones useful to bring?
i have two complete with chargers and they light up fine.
i know little about how they are registered or even if they require registering .
somebody clue me in on private ones please?
Cool

I don't know the grid order yet, but timing is a huge thing with them as you know.  If you are going to run two classes you'll have to have someone bringing your kart up to the grid while running.  Last 2 years singles ran first, then the Open including the duals ran.  I would assume they will do that again. 

Usually no transponders in the vintage, I'm renting one, but it will be going on my modern kart.  We have not used them at all in vintage since we have been going there, but I would recommend having a viewable number.
ok if we don't user them in vintage i am still gonna bring them as long as they are usable.
i have no problem lending them out to our guys and maybe saving someone the rental fee.

but again i have no idea what using a private transponder requires if they need to be registered
it would be helpful to know about that now as i can see about registering them

anyone know how private transponders work at a track?
Cool
Dave L.
David...

the Russians are there,,they know how to make them work,,,with electronic signals....

gw
yeesssh i'm gonna post the transponder question outside this thread the clown answer ratio is getting too high here!!!
Dave L.
(08-21-2017, 08:23 PM)David Luciani Wrote: yeesssh i'm gonna post the transponder question outside this thread the clown answer ratio is getting too high here!!!

Bring your transponders! they will not csore you without them! Register on their website with your transponder number. Run each class right after each other.
a serious answer hurray.
will try to register them tonight.
Dave L.
Well I don't plan to have transponder on, really don't care if I don't get scored one way or the other. The transponder will be on modern kart in the Briggs 206 Masters class, not that I'm a master, I'm just over the minimum age 35 limit and don't necessarily want to race with young guys this year at least. And thanks to Jim Donovan, I think I have a good clutch set up for getting off the standing start in the Briggs class.
I've never bothered with a transponder in Vintage. If no one knows how we finish from our small number I would be surprised. I do this for fun and to show the crowd what Vintage is all about.
(08-28-2017, 11:44 AM)steve welte Wrote: I've never bothered with a transponder in Vintage. If no one knows how we finish from our small number I would be surprised. I do this for fun and to show the crowd what Vintage is all about.

The only reason I'm mentioning transponders is because there was a lot of bitching on the part of the RIGP crew that we didn't have them last year. There were some statements made to me and Mike Berg about requirements for this year and transponders were one of them.One of the others was pre registration. I guess we'll see. There is a couple of their folks that just want to complain if we don't conform to their way of doing things! I argued that we are such a small group and it really does not matter to a lot of our guys if we don't get scored or not but it fell on deaf ears, they say it upsets their system. They really don't care about how we do things.Kind of like our way or the highway.