Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identification help please
(08-13-2017, 10:12 AM)David Luciani Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:26 AM)Rick Pell Wrote: There are really no good deals here in New England, I've been looking.

hi rick,
what part of new england i live in ct myself.
finding deals on complete karts here in New England isn't impossible but it will take time.
my brother after months of looking found one for 20 bux but that was unusual. usually what you find are projects already at high prices so 20 bux is a good start.
your plan is pretty good if you're building a grandkid special i say go for it.
if you looking for used play kart stuff i have a small mountain that needs to live somewhere else. i'd be happy to let you pick through it and the pricing for fun kart stuff is low as it's just stuff to me.
if you want to go further and buy a vintage project at some time feel free to invite yourself over i have about twenty karts that are headed for new homes as soon as time permits me to list them.

even though it's a play kart we'd love you to post progress pix in this forum.

pm me if you like for my contact info

Hi Dave, I'm in Pawtucket. 35 mins to Putnam. I used to be in CT daily with last job, where are you? Not sure how to PM yet, but I'd love to talk to you. Discovered today that it is a Carter Brothers Kart. Hard to find parts. I contacted GOPOWERSPORTS, and the guy, Gary was really helpful, $550 for all I need except engine and carrier bearings for the jack shaft. At that rate, I can have a killer machine for less than $800. I'm up for that. That includes 4 wheels and tires, rear drive gear, jack shaft, Chinese TAV, live axle, seat pads, adjustable seat rails. I will need cables, and battery. Gonna use a old ammo box for a battery box, I'm loving this project. BTW, I got a solid connection for the Chinese engines and parts within 40 miles. Lifan 208 7 hp motors for $89. He has all engine parts and clutches too.
OK, turns out it is a Carter Brothers frame, parts are hard to find, due to fire at manufacturing facility in Alabama in 2010. I will have to piece together, but Gary at GOPOWERSPORTS.COM, was very helpful, and knowledgeable, he knew all about it and spent almost an hour on the phone with me putting a quote together for what I need. Prices are good, and free shipping to RI from TX. So, for under $1000, I will have an adult size kart with electric start 7hp engine, live axle, TAV, all new wheels and tires, with adjustable seat with new seat pads, ammo can battery box, lithium ion battery, home made dash with ignition and manual choke, and LED lights. I'm a bit excited.
hey man that's great ...to me this is what its supposed to be all about ...fixin up something you like ur way ...enjoy be safe ....
i live in new haven county. travel to r.i. a fair bit. many vintage guys up that way.
i won't post my number on the live forum that never works out. the pm function is easy just answer mine i'm sending my number too.
Cool
Dave L.