Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identification help please
I'm new here, and new to Karts. I've been playing with mini bikes for years. I just got this frame. It appears to be older, 10 coats of paint etc., overall condition is good, I would like to know the manufacturer, and where to get the parts I need to get it going. I got it as you see in the pics. needs wheels and tires, also engine, clutch etc, any help will be appreciated. Not sure which way to go, resto or custom???

Thanks, Rick Pell in RI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rick....

not sure what the "Brand" is , or if there is a Brand...?? kinda looks homemade,,??...specially with the combination or round and square tubing.......

not something most would tackle...but everyone has to start somewhere,,just hate to see you stick the monies in something that may never be worth saving...

I may be wrong......and it wouldn't be the first time..
(08-12-2017, 07:16 AM)Rick Pell Wrote: I'm new here, and new to Karts. I've been playing with mini bikes for years. I just got this frame. It appears to be older, 10 coats of paint etc., overall condition is good, I would like to know the manufacturer, and where to get the parts I need to get it going. I got it as you see in the pics. needs wheels and tires, also engine, clutch etc, any help will be appreciated. Not sure which way to go, resto or custom???

Thanks, Rick Pell in RI

Rick,
It looks to me like a newer concession kart.  Lots of metal and distance to keep the driver and running gear safe from bumping, etc., at the expense of weight.  I'd say, make it the way you want it and have a ball because it won't hurt the value.
Doug
Yup, looks like a concession kart.

No brand......

Can't possibly hurt it or reduce value no matter what you do.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
If you used the center engine mount it would be tough to get power to the axle sprocket.
(08-12-2017, 08:42 AM)Billy Hoke Wrote: If you used the center engine mount it would be tough to get power to the axle sprocket.

ever heard of a jackshaft,,,,???

gw
..rick ., the trouble is if your fixing it up to ride for yourself or children grand kids whatever ..the parts to fix it cost way more than the 200-300.00 you could buy a running riding kart for ..

if you have lots money and like it and just wanna fix it because you can ..go for it ...

if your lookin to maybe get involved in vintage karting ..there are lots ..!!!! of true vintage karts out there for sale in every stage you could imagine ..barn finds ., orig unrestored .,restored ., being restored and give up on ..etc.. etc ..

if your gping to fix it ..id start with 99.00 clone motor and I think a TAV set up,s less than 150.00 ..wheels tires couple hundred ., axle bearings brakes hubs 250.00 ..you be in 600.00 range easy ..but all new stuff..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Kart-Kit-5-Al...SwXcRZbx6R
Go-Kart Kit - 5" Aluminum Wheels (No Frame)

This Azusa kit has what you need to build a go-kart.

This item ships separately via UPS Ground from California - cost of freight is included in the sale price.

Is it worth buying $600 of Azusa parts to have a stiff yard kart  ?   For your kids ...maybe, for an adult....um' no so much   Sad

Here on the west coast you see these Invader fun carts selling for $500 or less....better to find a VKA racing event
and find a nice Vintage machine to purchase .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-12-2017, 09:27 AM)steve miller Wrote: ..rick .,  the trouble is if your fixing it up to ride for yourself or children grand kids whatever ..the parts to fix it cost way more than the 200-300.00 you could buy a running riding kart for ..

if you have lots money and like it and just wanna fix it because you can ..go for it ...

if your lookin to maybe get involved in vintage karting ..there are lots ..!!!! of true vintage karts out there for sale in every stage you could imagine ..barn  finds ., orig unrestored .,restored ., being restored and give up on ..etc.. etc ..

if your gping to fix it ..id start with 99.00 clone motor and I think a TAV set up,s less than 150.00 ..wheels tires couple hundred ., axle bearings brakes hubs 250.00 ..you be in 600.00 range easy ..but all new stuff..

I have the line on a 7hp new Chinese engine with remote key start and throttle plate for $140.00, since the frame only cost me a token $20 dollar bill, I have plenty of room still. If I add a $75 clutch, battery and battery box, and chain. I'll be at about $320, If I can find used wheel/tires with brakes for around $200. I think that will be a good deal and will have a brand new drive train.

There are really no good deals here in New England, I've been looking.
(08-13-2017, 07:26 AM)Rick Pell Wrote: There are really no good deals here in New England, I've been looking.

hi rick,
what part of new england i live in ct myself.
finding deals on complete karts here in New England isn't impossible but it will take time.
my brother after months of looking found one for 20 bux but that was unusual. usually what you find are projects already at high prices so 20 bux is a good start.
your plan is pretty good if you're building a grandkid special i say go for it.
if you looking for used play kart stuff i have a small mountain that needs to live somewhere else. i'd be happy to let you pick through it and the pricing for fun kart stuff is low as it's just stuff to me.
if you want to go further and buy a vintage project at some time feel free to invite yourself over i have about twenty karts that are headed for new homes as soon as time permits me to list them.

even though it's a play kart we'd love you to post progress pix in this forum.

pm me if you like for my contact info
Dave L.