Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are car guys gonna invade our sport??
800.00 with those rims and gas tank is a very good price.
the fox tank alone that can be included for extra is almost always an unoptainium piece.
they rarely go cheap so charging more makes sense to me!
Dave L.
Thanks Dave for your input, everyone has a different passion for collecting which ever Brand kart they desire, some of us
are just plain addicted to buying and rescuing every kart they find .

I'm into those early karts manufactured in SoCal when I was a youngster, which is a real problem when you realize how many were made there.

So I have the Go Kart, Bug, Alpha . Then found the Rupp Roadrunner that was a big challenger to the west coast karts,
next came a Swoopster chassis, a couple of Gary Emmick sidewinders from where I now live, of course Gary had Margay's, so got one of those too, did I mention the mini bikes that my younger brother was into.....see how it goes !

Plus Dom seems to keep finding old Caretta's like I don't need and Enzo keeps telling me .....leave those junkers alone,
but you never know when the right kart will come along, so looking is part of the fun of the  Vintage Karting Hobby .

A lot of sellers think we will buy anything that is old, that's not true .  There has to be some history involved, a story,
a particular reason that drives us to look and buy .

Without the attachment to that particular whatever, these  restoration projects would never get finished and maybe that the problem, why there's a lot of unfinished old bones rusting away .

So if you want a particular brand kart go after it, make offers, spread the word around of what you want, as they say one persons junk is anothers treasure, but be wary ...don't pay too much, supply and demand rules, but don't buy
unless the item has value to you and you'll be able to use it to finish your kart project .

By the way, it's my opinion that you find the best priced stuff at events because you can check the item out first hand
and you're dealing with someone that knows what the item is really worth, a bit of haggling sure ....get there early or you'll miss out on the best items .

We all like to purchase from people we know, friends don't take advantage of friends.....or soon they won't have any friends, so treat others like you want to be treated and your experiences will be enjoyable .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-08-2017, 05:44 PM)Romero Llamas Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 12:52 PM)David Luciani Wrote: i gotta thank Romero Llamas  for this post and pix.
he posted these pix on the vka facebook page without any info besides the pix. does anyone have the article??
Cool

I encourage karters to buy the issue or subscribe to Classic Motorsports, sister publication to Grassroots Motorsports. I have been getting the later since the 1980s when in was callHHere's the 
Here's the article in a single PDF......

Attached Files
.pdf   CLASSIC MOTORSPORTS - KARTING - PRINT.pdf (Size: 1.86 MB / Downloads: 10)
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
What happened to page 73?
7 pictures were posted on the Forum.

The PDF has 7 pages.

I guess we need another photo.

Who was it that was taking the photos of the article?
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(08-08-2017, 05:44 PM)Romero Llamas Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 12:52 PM)David Luciani Wrote: i gotta thank Romero Llamas  for this post and pix.
he posted these pix on the vka facebook page without any info besides the pix. does anyone have the article??
Cool

I encourage karters to buy the issue or subscribe to Classic Motorsports, sister publication to Grassroots Motorsports. I have been getting the later since the 1980s when in was called Auto X.
The missing page 73... sorry about that. Now if I could find that darn Mac 91B1 shroud decal that I put in a safe place...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Romero......for page 73 .

I still feel the only people interested in Vintage Racing Karts are hardcore gearheads, you get involved in racing when you are young.......seems there's just too many other activities for the younger generation to get involved in then old racing karts and old two stroke engines ......it is what it is and it takes all kinds ......nevertheless just try to buy a vintage kart item on ebay or CL that is popular......it takes deep pockets to compete.......

Thank goodness there are other ways to finish up a kart project , but that's another long winded story .....