Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are car guys gonna invade our sport??
i gotta thank Romero Llamas  for this post and pix.
he posted these pix on the vka facebook page without any info besides the pix. does anyone have the article??
Cool

Dave L.
(08-08-2017, 12:52 PM)David Luciani Wrote: i gotta thank Romero Llamas  for this post and pix.
he posted these pix on the vka facebook page without any info besides the pix. does anyone have the article??
Cool

I have not even had time to read it yet !  I have the issue and I will post soon. 3 to 5 page article. Somehow VKA and white knuckle scramble where listed at the article end.
(08-08-2017, 12:52 PM)David Luciani Wrote: i gotta thank Romero Llamas  for this post and pix.
Cool

I encourage karters to buy the issue or subscribe to Classic Motorsports, sister publication to Grassroots Motorsports. I have been getting the later since the 1980s when in was called Auto X.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hopefully
need some more blood
and race car guys have $$$$$
tk
GEARBOX
" and race car guys have $$$$$ "
Being an ex- drag racer, when you quit you're usually out of funds , your sponsorship is over and unless you happened
to have been into karting at a younger age......not likely to get back into karting .

But some of us by chance or whatever......decide to find some motorsport hobby for fun and that's all it takes.....

If those guys on Roadkill decide to come to a Vintage Event, buy a so-called vintage racing kart off craigslist and show
the world of "Hot Rod" viewers the fun.  Well ......there will be a lot of crazy folks getting involved until they burn out
...but maybe a few will add to the number of those that truly love vintage karting ?

The more media attention that is given will expose the hobby, but without many racing karts available for the new folks to purchase .....the attention will die down .

For some it may be a good opportunity to thin down all those project karts still stored up in the rafters, out in the barn or shed ......Big Grin .

(08-08-2017, 11:47 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: " and race car guys have $$$$$ "
Being an ex- drag racer, when you quit you're usually out of funds , your sponsorship is over and unless you happened
to have been into karting at a younger age......not likely to get back into karting .

But some of us by chance or whatever......decide to find some motorsport hobby for fun and that's all it takes.....

If those guys on Roadkill decide to come to a Vintage Event, buy a so-called vintage racing kart off craigslist and show
the world of "Hot Rod" viewers the fun.  Well ......there will be a lot of crazy folks getting involved until they burn out
...but maybe a few will add to the number of those that truly love vintage karting ?

The more media attention that is given will expose the hobby, but without many racing karts available for the new folks to purchase .....the attention will die down .

For some it may be a good opportunity to thin down all those project karts still stored up in the rafters, out in the barn or shed ......Big Grin .

Who's FOX kart is that in the pictures???
Wink 
Ernie....well here we go taking another of those path's less traveled side tracks ......

The early model Fox Kart belongs to Jim Anderson in northern California . It was for sale but got no takers sometime back so it was taken off the market .

Jim's a very private fellow, but if there's any interest in it, I'd be happy to let him know......getting him to let go of anything is , um' .....difficult Big Grin

But not impossible !

The other kart in the back of the pick up is a GK 800 that at one time I was interested in acquiring, but the seller
kept upping the price and at about the same time Jim made me an offer to sell me a GK 1200 so that's when I took that
offer .....Vintage Karting takes you down many a path until you find the kart you really desire.....trouble is many of us are running out of time......so when a kart comes on the market you have to be ready and move fast or the deal is gone !

But of course.....that's not news to this group  Cool

I guess this does have a little to do with this thread. I guest I missed this kart being for sale. If the price is right and can be shipped I'd revisit this.

Ernie
ernie, of course it's part of the thread as the pix was posted here. asking about the kart is natural and i see nothing wrong with that. often the best finds come from the weirdest leads. enough said!! Big Grin
Dave L.
Should a Vintage (Fox) be your next resto project ?   If you're into Fox Karts ....the answer is yes .

Now since we're ok to continue down the path less traveled.....the next question is always, "How much is that early Fox Kart going for ?

Jim said he would part with it and the Chilton tank for $800, the aluminum tank option was more. That price didn't attract any early Fox Karters attention, so make an offer would be the next step .

This isn't my Fox, I just was helping Jim by snapping some pics and posting.  The prize kart I purchased was the GK 1200 .....it was ( NOT ) cheap either, but where are you going to find a decent one ?

The fact is I don't even know if Jim wants to let go of any of his treasures, but we can always ask .....karts sitting in storage neither restored or being used for fun  is a waste.....

Here's a pic of Jim with the GK 1200 that I finally took off his hands.....Big Grin