Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1962 Blitz f-1000 wheels
Doug, Matco is primarily an aircraft supplier. They sell good quality wheels and brake systems. The Go Power Matcos are in the nosewheel/tailwheel category. YOU WILL NEED PATIENCE! Their catalog is not all that easy to navigate but they are a quality outfit. Just Google Matco nosewheels. Ted
Those wheels are tablock wheels Steve miller has been looking for some rears for years the fronts are somewhat easier to find as they were also used on mini bikes.
steve,
hate to dis agree but some blitzs were sold without go power i think.
the blitz i had came with hands rims. 5" fronts 6" rears.
definitely original to the kart.
not unusual to find oddballs though
Dave L.
Dave, I remember the earlier Blitz had first stamped, then Hands wheels before the Go Powers. TJ
Mike, I can see why you'd want to stick with those wheels.  They look sharp, and rare.

'Course, if Steve Miller's looking for them, they must be rare as heck.
Only the rears used with a live axle are hard to find, I've seen plenty of them on mini bikes on craigslist.....but buying just the rims might be the problem.

That said, I would search old mini bike sellers listings or find a guy named Mac that has a swap meet at his home in the Los Angeles area (Norwalk) . I'm sure he could find a decent pair of Tab Locks from a mini bike .

I picked up a Taco Frijole clone mini bike and that's the wheels it had on it........all Vintage kart and Mini bike parts are difficult  to find unless you deal with the old guys that look for this stuff at yard sales, swap meets and estate sales .

Or you can just go to ebay and on a good day find just what you want for $$$.......half the fun though is the adventure of
finding the right part at the right price......!

I went on an adventure to purchase a Bug Stinger .....but came home with not only the Bug, but two rare mini bikes, axles, fuel tanks, and other nice parts .

I spent more then I planned, but I came home with parts I never would have thought were available ......to top it off
after I got home from LA I found an Alpha Mark Ten kart a few blocks from my house.....I had looked for years to find one, but was always a day late or so to making a deal .

When I picked up the Alpha, I asked about what the seller knew about the kart, it's history ......it had belonged to a neighbor and where he got it was not known, but in the conversation my seller said he had a bunch of McCulloch engines he had collected to use on the Alpha......moral of this tale is you never know what you will find......it's all rare
until someone pulls it out from it's hiding spot in storage, under a bench or in an old shed .

I've gotten to the part of Vintage Karting where finding the old stuff hidden away is as much of the fun as getting it back to running again......and maybe more when you finally find the kart you really want......that's what is really rare !

Mac's Mini Bikes Contact :   https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/fo...36181.html

Craigslist ad $230 for roller with Tab Lock wheels :   https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/...81641.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)