Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craigslist Find
Lmao ...omg ..took me second to catch on ... but yupp carl no paint needed ...

hey dave hows store coming along ...lol.. hehehe ..
Well......I guess that about covers this topic on Early production Go Karts and those Mantis branded flyers.

Here's some repops just in case somebody has a yen for one .

And a picture of the cool upholstery you could get back in time Tongue  .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So I picked up an engine to attempt to mount to the cart. It's a Clinton VS-200 that the previous owner at one time started converting to use on a kart (he also included an incomplete VS-400 for parts). I'll have to fab a mount for it and figure out the shaft since it's not keyed. It has a Tillotson carb and a Go-Power Corps 6 valve reed installed. Does anyone know if this engine will be strong enough or have any info on the reed? I tried searching for Go-Power Corps but was unable to find anything. I would like to install an engine that somewhat resembled the one that came with the kart but if all else fails I have a 5hp Briggs that can go on.

[Image: 34985907080_5cbd1946e9_b.jpg]
[Image: 35372784285_af3a68dbf9_b.jpg]
The VS-200 is only a 4.5 cubic inch engine. It will pull a kart fairly well, but any A-400 or A-490 Clinton will be faster. I believe the engine stroke is the same as the A-400 at 1-5/8", so you could probably install an A-400 crankshaft to get the keyed end so mounting a clutch would be easier. You can't install an A-490 crank, since the A-490 has a ball bearing on the PTO. The Go Power company was one of karting's top aftermarket equipment manufacturers. They made speed parts for many engines. Find someone who has fiberglass replacement reeds on eBay or on this forum and replace the steel reeds. The Go Power manifold and reed are much better than the factory Clinton components. Terry Sullivan on this forum is the Clinton guru. He runs Clintons a lot. Ted
I love it. "Scientific proven steering yoke"