Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEMS WITH US MOTORS - RESOLVED
Even if you don't have a nervous breakdown its a good way to consume almost all of your life, at least during the early stages. If successful the rewards can be very high.
(05-19-2017, 07:14 AM)doug tenney Wrote: I hear you.  I can't stand it when I'm actually trying to buy something, at the advertised price, and it seems like nobody wants my (hard-earned) money.

However... try to look at the bright side.  At least there's a chance that you'll get a call back.  Not like McCulloch... or E.J.'s Creations (former US820 guru), or Texas820, or K&P Mfg, or American Power Sports, or Rupp, or any number of companies that have turned out the lights for good.

I'm glad he stepped up to take the reigns at USMP.  I hope he's able to make a go of it.

I never had the guts to go into business for myself... making payroll... rent... trying to retain good folks... I'd surely have a nervous breakdown.  That's just me.
The last time I knew they only ship on Tues and Thurs.
Along those lines, I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get a hold of Perry Blair (Marmax).  Patience, I guess.

six-one-zero, 209-7 six 81
(05-19-2017, 07:14 AM)doug tenney Wrote: I hear you.  I can't stand it when I'm actually trying to buy something, at the advertised price, and it seems like nobody wants my (hard-earned) money.

However... try to look at the bright side.  At least there's a chance that you'll get a call back.  Not like McCulloch... or E.J.'s Creations (former US820 guru), or Texas820, or K&P Mfg, or American Power Sports, or Rupp, or any number of companies that have turned out the lights for good.

I'm glad he stepped up to take the reigns at USMP.  I hope he's able to make a go of it.

I never had the guts to go into business for myself... making payroll... rent... trying to retain good folks... I'd surely have a nervous breakdown.  That's just me.

I RECEIVED 2 MOTOR KITS RECENTLY.  HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GET BETTER RESPONSE TIME. 
It's good to hear Jeff chime in. He has been working hard to get an engine program going for the new 820 class for sidewinders. We are a year behind the rules unfortunately.

Doug,

I appreciate your comments about running a business.

I did that for over 20 years, and finally found myself working 70 hour weeks so my employees could work 40 hour weeks.

And a number of them thought I was getting rich off them, even when they ran our projects way over budget, and I was paying them for work that I could not bill to our customer.

It was actually a great relief when I finally threw in the towel and sent them all home and did not have to make payroll every two weeks, with my house as the security for my lines of credit, etc.

I finally realized that I was a much better engineer than I was a businessman - and I now work in the lower levels of a very large multi-national engineering firm.

Your insight much appreciated.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
18 days and counting since placing an order with USMP with no parts and no response to phone calls, voice messages and e-mails.

It's a good thing I am a patient person.

They need to go to dealer-only sales.

Patient in Livermore........
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
finally got time to read this thread. interesting stuff. i was curious about how much for the rod bolts so i looked.
is 42.50 each correct??
or did i miss something again??
Cool
Dave L.
Good morning, Bud. The price is per set of two. Actually cheap insurance for your modified 820 or 610 engine. Ted
(05-23-2017, 07:35 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Good morning, Bud. The price is per set of two. Actually cheap insurance for your modified 820 or 610 engine. Ted

Well then it's been a while since i priced bolts from west bend. i was whining when they cost 14 bux each.
and those were the shortened ones by dave b. for mccullochs.
anyway if we want to get west bends being a primary engine at vintage racing we'll have to figure out a solution to this parts flow problem.
Cool
Dave L.