Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEMS WITH US MOTORS - RESOLVED
5/23/17 UPDATE:  Parts arrived today.  Just shy of three weeks.  I understand the problem was they did not have rods and bolts themselves.  Sure would have been nice to have just a teeny, teeny bit of communication.

Original post follows:

So, Dave Bonbright was busy, so he suggested I deal directly with US Motors.

I tried calling.  No one answered on any of the extensions.

Every mailbox was full, except the boss, Steve Brien.  He has never called back.

So, I finally gave up and placed an order on line.

Everything but the high-strength rod bolts, which are not listed on their web site.

It has now been 12 days and I have received nothing.

I tried calling again, with the same results.  No one answers, all but one mailbox is full, and Steve Brien does not return calls.

I also sent a follow up e-mail, responding to their order acknowledgement e-mail.  No response after 2 days.

Are these guys still in business?  Anybody know?
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Jim.....looks like they are not in business if they are not responding when contacted ?

Maybe Tim Hinson at Catkart knows something ?

http://www.catkartracing.com/contact/

There has been no official word on US Motors being no longer in business .
That's pretty much how they operate. They don't want to deal with you or ME. You almost have to go through Cat Cart or Fillman.
Had a nice chat with Tim Hinson at CatKart this week.

US Motors is not the best managed operation we have ever seen, and have had a lot of turnover recently.

They take orders over the internet, but I'm not sure that they are really organized to do that properly.

I think they should only do their sales through dealers, as that seems to be all they can handle.

I had sent them a message on their web site explaining that I wanted to order the hgih strength rod bolts - and you can't get to them on their site.  They finally responded after about two weeks and provided a direct link to the rod bolts, so I was able to order some of them.

They have still not responded to any phone or e-mail inquiries regarding the status of my $300+ order on May 4th (two weeks now) - and I have received nothing so far.

Again, as a business owner myself, my recommendation to them would be to shut down their internet ordering system and only work with dealers.  This is what Azusa does.
Jim, I also had a good chat yesterday with Tim. Along with Dave B., Tim seems to have come to the same conclusion as have you and I about USMP's business acumen. Can you send the link for the rod screws either to me, or please post it here? I just used my last set on the new 610. Thanks. Ted
Here's the link US Motors sent me to the high strength rod bolts:

http://www.usmotorpower.com/parts/intern...s-set-of-2
Thank you, Jimmy! Ted
The bolts are listed in the engine parts but not the performance parts of USMP
I see now that they are listed in the "internal parts" category.

I missed it because there was no photo.  My daughter would say I was "man looking".

There is no category on their site entitled "engine parts".

Attached Files
.pdf   Internals - PAGE 1.pdf (Size: 201.64 KB / Downloads: 15)
.pdf   Internals - PAGE 2.pdf (Size: 175.39 KB / Downloads: 9)
I hear you.  I can't stand it when I'm actually trying to buy something, at the advertised price, and it seems like nobody wants my (hard-earned) money.

However... try to look at the bright side.  At least there's a chance that you'll get a call back.  Not like McCulloch... or E.J.'s Creations (former US820 guru), or Texas820, or K&P Mfg, or American Power Sports, or Rupp, or any number of companies that have turned out the lights for good.

I'm glad he stepped up to take the reigns at USMP.  I hope he's able to make a go of it.

I never had the guts to go into business for myself... making payroll... rent... trying to retain good folks... I'd surely have a nervous breakdown.  That's just me.