Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEMS WITH US MOTORS - RESOLVED
I guess we shouldn't complain too much. I had to find some tiny Titanium #4-40 socket heads with material certifications for a satellite we were building back at Sandia Labs. There were only about 50 of them IN THE WORLD! I tracked them down to somewhere in the far East-India, I believe it was. I was forced to buy the whole batch, as the owners wouldn't break the package. I ended up paying several hundred dollars PER SCREW for the darn things. I believe they were 1/4" or 3/8" long. A sneeze would've blown the whole bag of them away! I had tried getting several screw manufacturers to make us some, but nobody would touch the project. No, it wasn't me who designed the mounting requirement that hecessitated that screw! I'd have found a better way, but the parts being mounted were already machined. Angry TJ
See update note on the original post.  Parts arrived today.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Well now maybe i'll get my 2 rods from backorder in Jan. LOL. Jeff Brown got the 2 kit engines we were trying to get pricing on for karting and they came without rods because they were out. Maybe now things can move forward again. Those rod bolts are on the website engine parts under "performance"
(05-23-2017, 09:44 PM)steve welte Wrote: Well now maybe i'll get my 2 rods from backorder in Jan. LOL. Jeff  Brown got the 2 kit engines we were trying to get pricing on for karting and they came without rods because they were out. Maybe now things can move forward again. Those rod bolts are on the website engine parts under "performance"
Funny, Steve.........

Every time I go to their web site, I find them under "internal parts".

http://www.usmotorpower.com/parts-store

I only see 5 items listed under "performance", none of them rod bolts.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Dave B. just installed one of the latest rods in my new 610. Thank goodness I had one extra pair of the good screws. TJ
who's the contact person at U.S. motors and maybe phone number??
Cool
Dave L.
Dave,

When I needed single ring pistons with drilled skirts for boost ports I spoke with Chris Gruenwald 262-728-3593

Stan W.
Chris is no longer there. I have in most cases talked with Jeff Kniseley@USMotorpower.com I normally get an answer from him.
Thanks for that info, Steve. It was last July that I ordered the pistons. Back then I had them in my hand in 3 days! Too bad they are not keeping up with that kind of service today.