Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS Great service!!!!!!!!
Mike, it almost sounds like someone in the USPS system has decided to get personal with you and see just how hard they can push your red button!   Chuck does have a point though about chicken scritchen.  You are doing yourself a diservice by not printing contact information very neat and legible, making certain of spellings and if it's a street, place, road, cirlce, etc.  If the writing is hard to read or decipher the carrier doesn't get too excited about delivery.  I know when I send money to someone it generally goes certified and a USPS Money Order.
I have had good experience with the automated machines and flat rate boxes.  One recommendation for those  selling on ebay is to use the details option to print out a mailing address.  If you tape over it with clear packing tape (several times) and put an extra copy in the package, you have a decent chance for avoiding problems.   The machines always kick out a tracking number on the receipt.  If you are brave enough, you can track where the post office claims your package is located.
I get about 2 items a month that are delivered to the wrong address. Always give them back to the usps delivery person or take them to the correct address. Figured it was just a local issue. Never shipped anything that did not get there or order anything that did not eventually get to me.
Unfortunately mistakes are bound to happen. It sucks when they always seem to impact us more than they should. I've bought and sold on EBay for 15 years and luckily have had no issues. I've also received first class mail from California to Florida in as little as two days. In the unfortunate instances posted here, they might be attributed to any number of likely factors such as address errors, illegible labels due to sender error or damage during processing, poor management, lack of updated infrastructure and logistics, poor training, not enough personnel, and even sometimes people that just plain don't care enough , or worse, fraud.

Nonetheless, when you realize how many pieces of mail are processed and delivered by the USPS on average every day (500 million!), it becomes clearer how some things don't get to where they're intended. In addition to this, many postal employees are retired military folks who once served our country (so try to give them the benefit of the doubt) and are now just employees, not servants; as evidenced by the last of the most interesting facts regarding the USPS outlined below....

Just one day in the life of the
U.S. Postal Service... by the numbers

Each day, the Postal Service picks up, processes and delivers millions of letters and packages. No single operation in the world comes close to this level of connectivity to so many households and businesses. Here’s just one day in the life of the U.S. Postal Service. (Figures are averages.)
235.2 million — revenue received in dollars
160.2 million — dollars paid to postal employees in salaries and benefits
506.4 million — number of mailpieces processed and delivered each day
21.1 million — average number of mailpieces processed each hour
351,656 — average number of mailpieces processed each minute
5,861 — average number of mailpieces processed each second
200.4 million — pieces of First-Class Mail processed and delivered
7,131 — number of letter carriers who deliver mail entirely on foot — The USPS Fleet of Feet
54,490 — number of address changes processed
3,748 — number of addresses added to our delivery network
4.6 million — number of people who visit usps.com
$2.7 million — dollar amount of online stamp and retail sales at usps.com
1.5 million — number of Click-N-Ship labels printed
297,004 — number of money orders issued
0 — tax dollars received for operating the Postal Service
Thanks everybody for the comments and info, something is wrong, just don't know what and where.
All my issues were with items sent to me, with 2 items I sent.  None were recovered after much searching and trips to post office to discuss with postal folks all told me they would call me with info none called.
Makes you wonder if people care about others anymore........?

I've had more problems receiving items from UPS and getting those problems straighten out , so I'm always thankful
for all the transactions that do go well .....especially all the help from Vintage Karting Members that have brought
karts and parts with them to events......thanks guys Big Grin !

Now back to that half empty glass and why others do what they do to cause us to be upset......Sad

By the way.....a little complaining to the right people doesn't hurt to make things right and we all need to tell it like it is
and let go of stuff that troubles our souls !

Just saying ......
Well, I got a very nice surprise today.  The cylinder heads that have been missing was tracked down by the shipper and relabled and shipped via UPS, I should have then in a few days.
Thanks to the persistence of the shipper this turned out well and I am pleased to find out the USPS did their job in locating and rerouting the package back to shipper.
Thanks to all shipper and USPS!!!!!!!!
(05-16-2017, 03:15 PM)Mike Berg Wrote: Well, I got a very nice surprise today.  The cylinder heads that have been missing was tracked down by the shipper and relabled and shipped via UPS, I should have then in a few days.
Thanks to the persistence of the shipper this turned out well and I am pleased to find out the USPS did their job in locating and rerouting the package back to shipper.
Thanks to all shipper and USPS!!!!!!!!

when items get "lost" and/or something never shows up lots of calls finally the post office is blamed it's been my experience it's a bad shipper who's lying.
no way to sugar coat that.
basically when the seller shipping is legit theres a tracking number.
the post office often takes a long time but they do find item. if seller has no tracking number the post office that sent it is capable of locating the number internally i've had that done myself. so if the seller lay blame on p.o. without tracker theres something rotten going on.
Cool
Dave L.
they do pretty good getting the mail to my house ..I get Bill,s every day ...  lol..