Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need new clutch for mc6
(05-18-2017, 10:51 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Mark, it's an early 800, and looks really good. If the frame has no cracks, you have a nice ride. The Azusa Posi Stop brake  isn't as good as the Bendix drum brake that replaced it on later 800s, but it ought to be good for a single engine. The only issue with the old brake would be that if you DO decide to go to a better unit, the old brake must be cut off from the frame and the welds dressed down to smooth them. Inspect the steering wheel carefully for any cracks, as the cast aluminum is easily broken. These wheels were changed out for a three spoke steel Azusa wheel with molded rubber grip in the later karts. It is a safer, more comfortable wheel. Any good auto upholstery shop should be able to make seat cushions. The original standard seat was smooth black vinyl with the Go Kart logo on the seatback panel. There was a deluxe option of pleated vinyl that looks very good. The attached pic is of my '62 Go Kart 1200 with pretty accurate repop deluxe upholstery. Good luck with the kart, and get your clutch from Jim Donovan. Ted

Thanks Ted It is a twin-engine ms6 Kart and I was thinking about upgrading the brakes to a hydraulic brake. how would I go about mounting the brake caliper should I mount it to the frame or is there a mount that would index off of the bearing plates for the rear axle?
Mark, you can easily have a plate cut at your local water jet shop that will mount both caliper and master cylinder to the three-bolt axle bearing hanger. I have CAD files here for a couple of styles. The Reed Engineering is probably the cleanest and works very well. I will gladly email you the .DXF file so you can in turn email it to your local shop for cutting.  If you prefer to have me get it cut for you, the shop I use in Albuquerque will cut it from my file and will ship it directly to you. All you have to do is call them and arrange payment. This company is VERY good. They are quite busy, as they are major suppliers to several Albuquerque companies, but they do a great job. I edge sand my water jet cut parts on the belt sander, and I also use sanding drums in the drill press. No charge to you for the CAD file if you want it. Just PM me. Also no charge for me to send the file to Waterjet Cutting, Inc. I have a couple errands to run, and should be back here before 3 PM Mountain time. Here's a PDF of the single caliper bracket. I also have one for the Reed dual caliper bracket. Ted
Cool we actually have a water jet at work.
Just let me know if you want the DXF file. There's no sense in having to program it off an undimensioned PDF file. PM me. Ted
Hey, Mark. You have your Private Messaging disabled. You need to enable it so I can send you a PM. I need your email address so I can send the files. My DXF files do NOT have drawing dimensions, as Waterjet Cutting, Inc. prefers a clean DXF file. The files are exactly 1/1 scale, so the operator doesn't have to fiddle with scaling at all. I'm shutting off the computer for the night, so I will have to send the files tomorrow. Ted
I would probably order the 9 tooth and guys the very best lube I have found for the clutch bushing is good old Castor. Put it in a squirt can and lube from the outside at the bushing/crank. Just don't overdue. With all the running we do I have only replaced about 4 bushings in the last 7 years. Most of the time the sprocket is gone before the bushing is.