Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need new clutch for mc6
Hi I need help new to karts and I'm restoring a go kart 800 and I need a new clutch can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction of a manufacturer that makes one for the McCullough mc6.thanks
Max Torque makes a great dry clutch for the McCulloch engines. Jim can get you set up for exactly what you need.

Jim is on the forum and will probably see this. You will want to get in contact with him.
Thanks Brian Santee just need to get a hold of jim now.
Mark, the latest Max Torque clutches are not cheap, but you get the best for your money, along with Jim's legendary customer service. He also does his magic with the grill at a few vintage karting events, and you will remember his good food. He's one of vintage karting's heroes.
P.S. If you have pix of your GK 800, post them on the forum. Ted
Ya I'll try to upload some whenever I get home.
(05-12-2017, 07:21 AM)MARKTomasic Wrote: Ya I'll try to upload some whenever I get home.

I will wait your call Mark.  Need to know if you want INBOARD or Outboard.  How many teeth on the sprocket and what T-shirt size you wear.  If you need a small, I know you will be fast!!!

Jim@maxtorque.com    630-369-9600
(05-12-2017, 08:50 AM)Jim Donovan Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 07:21 AM)MARKTomasic Wrote: Ya I'll try to upload some whenever I get home.

I will wait your call Mark.  Need to know if you want INBOARD or Outboard.  How many teeth on the sprocket and what T-shirt size you wear.  If you need a small, I know you will be fast!!!

Jim@maxtorque.com    630-369-9600

Lol no I'm a large. And it's a twin go kart 800 and they are outbord not sure what the teeth I need. I'll have to check whenever I get home.
Jim,

You may want to get Mark into the smallest no of teeth that can use a needle bearing in the drum. 10 teeth?

That way he'll maximize drum life (especially if he keeps a little oil on the chains). No need to create more maintenance issues than are absolutely necessary for a person new to our sport.

Ciao!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Go kart 800

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mark, it's an early 800, and looks really good. If the frame has no cracks, you have a nice ride. The Azusa Posi Stop brake  isn't as good as the Bendix drum brake that replaced it on later 800s, but it ought to be good for a single engine. The only issue with the old brake would be that if you DO decide to go to a better unit, the old brake must be cut off from the frame and the welds dressed down to smooth them. Inspect the steering wheel carefully for any cracks, as the cast aluminum is easily broken. These wheels were changed out for a three spoke steel Azusa wheel with molded rubber grip in the later karts. It is a safer, more comfortable wheel. Any good auto upholstery shop should be able to make seat cushions. The original standard seat was smooth black vinyl with the Go Kart logo on the seatback panel. There was a deluxe option of pleated vinyl that looks very good. The attached pic is of my '62 Go Kart 1200 with pretty accurate repop deluxe upholstery. Good luck with the kart, and get your clutch from Jim Donovan. Ted