Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with identification of 1" rear wheel hub
Your hub

Do you have any closeups of that Blackhawk available?
Vince, my lifelong friend, Charlie, isn't a pilot. He's a Wisconsinite who has done karts with me since '60. He's a snowmobile resto wizard as well as a vintage kart guy. In my avatar pic, the front kart is the '61 Scorpion he bought from my Pop in '62-and still has, and the lavender kart is the '59 Bug he bought from Pop in '60 and converted to live axle. People give me too much credit for being a Bug guru. Truth is, I got away from karts in '64, and didn't get back in until I got my '73 dual Stinger. Anything in those years, and after '78, I'm a dud! Here's a pic of Charlie in my Black Widow/open Atlas at the '79 Fort Myers, FL street race. Never shoulda tried that Tripp axle clutch! Ted
Ted, what a wonderful thing it is to have such a life long friend over all these years. It's a testament to the two guys who make up that friendship. I always marvel at the stories you share of racing the downtown streets of Ft. Myers, FL. I am familiar with Ft. Myers as I live just 20 minutes south of there in Naples. I can only imagine what a thrill it must have been to race the city streets. There doesn't seem to be much karting action down here now though. Thanks for sharing a photo of the Black Widow, it looks great and seems to fit Charlie like a glove...

Terry, thanks for the help identifying the hub earlier this week , I came across that one shortly after I knew for certain what I was after. Also, I was actually able to post some photos of my Blackhawk this time around. You'll find them under the Blackhawk section of the "Go Kart I.D. by brands" section on the home page. It's a work in progress, and thanks to the help of gentlemen like Steve Welte, Steve O'Hara and others, it's coming along slowly but surely. Thanks for asking about it...
Vince, here's that Black Widow/Atlas as it looks now after Charlie refinished the kart and I refreshed the engine. He still hasn't run it, and I wish he would do so. The old buzzard still has never driven a sidewinder! We still keep up at least weekly by phone or email. Ted
Chuck Giacobbe (strockerace) has two of these for sale on Ebay right now.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RACING-G...8S&vxp=mtr

Correction:  Ad header says "hubs", but detailed description says one hub......
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA