Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Hook (who's going)
It looks like I might be ready for Sandy Hook. The kart is almost back together. I just have to mount the new fuel tank (old one was cracked at the pick-up), go through a carburetor and a couple of other odds and ends and I'll be ready to see if it will fire. Oh yeah, I still have to build a starter!

I'll be running the over 60 class in a '73 Bucket Bug with a Mac 91B1 on a Margay gear box. I'm a little apprehensive about getting back on track after being away for 30 years (hence, the Geezer class), so I'll just start in the back and let you guys show me how it's done.

Is there a secure place there where you can lock up equipment, tools, etc., or should I get a cap for my truck?
(04-28-2017, 03:48 PM)Bill Peck Wrote: It looks like I might be ready for Sandy Hook. The kart is almost back together. I just have to mount the new fuel tank (old one was cracked at the pick-up), go through a carburetor and a couple of other odds and ends and I'll be ready to see if it will fire. Oh yeah, I still have to build a starter!

I'll be running the over 60 class in a '73 Bucket Bug with a Mac 91B1 on a Margay gear box. I'm a little apprehensive about getting back on track after being away for 30 years (hence, the Geezer class), so I'll just start in the back and let you guys show me how it's done.

Is there a secure place there where you can lock up equipment, tools, etc., or should I get a cap for my truck?

Bill I'm in they same situation since I haven't been on a track to race since 1976. Looks like both of us will be in the back trying to stay out of trouble. 

As far as a secure place I can't say since I have never been to this track. I do have a truck with a locked top so If there is room I can lock up some of you smaller stuff.
i've been to Sandy Hook.

we left stuff outside it's pretty off the beaten track to guys interested in stealing stuff.
typically theres at least one guy who camps at vintage tracks anyway. steve m if he makes it usually is sleeping in his truck.
i'm hoping like heck to get something running this week. i have lots of karts but stuff got broke late in the season and i can't find my notes.
i definitely have a mc49 i think it's on the king kart. ted says he's going too.
finances are tight but i think i'll be ok. the good part about Sandy Hook is it'll force me to have karts ready for the Thompson event. i'll just leave the trailer loaded. one biggeee is anyone getting alky lined up??
i think my alky i had is about gone. if not i'll be figuring out where it's still available near new haven.
Cool
Dave L.