Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Hook (who's going)
Who's going to Sandy Hook?

I'm trying really hard to get there this year. Uncle Sam is giving me the time off and plan I to bring a straight axle sidewinder to run. There are a few things still up in the air but it looks like this is going to happen. I would like to meet some of you so who's going?.

Tom
im totally planning on it ..
I have the best chance I have had in 3 or 4 years to make a couple new events ..
my karts are ready ..well 2 outta 3 I just have to spray one and put it back together motors done new tires and new tubes ..!! ..ill prolly still have a flat though ..lol ..
(04-24-2017, 06:44 PM)steve miller Wrote: im totally planning on it ..
I have the best chance I have had in 3 or 4 years to make a couple new events ..
my karts are ready ..well 2 outta 3 I just have to spray one and put it back together motors done new tires and new tubes ..!!  ..ill prolly still have a flat though  ..lol ..

Steve I'll be bringing the Margay Cheetah with the MC92. I have that Hartman clutch on it that I traded with you last year. It's newly built so I'm sure there will be lots of issues. 

Steve what are you doing to meet the requirement for a bearing support or cage for a mac? I noticed they are required now for any oil clutch regardless of mounting.
Ill post a pic later..my invader has .mc91 with stuffer slider mount deal..I took a third bearing side plate made a flat piece and tried get it parallel to crank drilled two holes in the side of stuffer mount bolted it on..works perfect... I machined couple thou off starter nut incase I got er bolted on Lil crooked...lol
(04-25-2017, 09:09 AM)steve miller Wrote: Ill post a pic later..my invader has .mc91 with stuffer slider mount deal..I took a third bearing side plate made a flat piece and tried get it parallel to crank drilled two holes in the side of stuffer mount bolted it on..works perfect... I machined couple thou off starter nut incase I got er bolted on Lil crooked...lol

Thanks Steve, If I can get a good look at it I can probably make the darn thing. Yes there are people making these things and I could buy one but I'm cheap....
Have these for sale.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hoping to get there with two drivers. My son is off to Parris island may 1 . Ill be an empty nester...
(04-25-2017, 12:54 PM)Bill Mack Wrote: Hoping to get there with two drivers. My son is off to Parris island may 1 . Ill be an empty nester...

Bill...I heard he joined the Marines.....already a great young man, will become even better,,,congrats...

GW
Sam Polito and myself are going, both running Sportsman rear. Tried out the karts and new engines yesterday, everything looking good. Should be fun, our first time there.
I made my hotel reservations last night and the kart was all ready to go except for the new clutch support bearing rule. Anyway I was getting fired up about the event so I went out last night to pull the clutch and machine support. And of course as luck would have it I broke a %^&^*  stud off in the block. Now the fun begins. One step forward, two steps back.