Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E 98
Well anyone can think what they want. I posted this as a possible replacement to Methanol for some people and the results we had. Now the 10 and 15% that comes from the pump does mess up your saws, mowers snomobiles etc if in a humid environment but we are not taking about the same thing. You also weren't running E 98 years ago because it wasn't out there. Run whatever anyone wants. I could care less. Just passing along some info. A write up was done on this 2 stroke karting result in the American Ethanol Newsletter. I have also run it on one occasion and look forward to trying it again. Oh I also have 5 chainsaws here on the tree farm and I'm not fussy what gas I mix. Yep 10% ethanol in the tank and they fire off just fine in the spring. They are however in a dry tight garage during that time.
(04-08-2017, 09:39 PM)steve welte Wrote: Well anyone can think what they want. I posted this as a possible replacement to Methanol for some people and the results we had. Now the 10 and 15% that comes from the pump does mess up your saws, mowers snomobiles etc if in a humid environment but we are not taking about the same thing.  You also weren't running E 98 years ago because it wasn't out there.  Run whatever anyone wants. I could care less. Just passing along some info. A write up was done on this 2 stroke karting result in the American Ethanol Newsletter. I have also run it on one occasion and look forward to trying it again. Oh I also have 5 chainsaws here on the tree farm and I'm not fussy what gas I mix. Yep 10% ethanol in the tank and they fire off just fine in the spring. They are however in a dry tight garage during that time.

Well said Steve,  thanks for all your great input here and to vintage karting. You deserve a pat on the back .
jeffbrownvintagekarting.com
I for one am very interested in this E98.  Thanks for bringing it up Steve W.  

That being said, can anyone tell me if this VP X98 is an E98 Fuel?   https://vpracingfuels.com/product/x98/  It sounds like it is to me, based on the info VP gives on it.  I have relatively easy access to getting it if it is.
Jay Berry....Racing fuels.....check it out .  

http://www.igniteracingfuel.com/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Randy I see that supplier is based out of Indiana. A lot of our karters are based in that area so maybe they would like to check it out.
Steve......from my research, this company is , if not the top supplier,a major factor in plant based fuels and lubricants
being produced.

Their Ignite Brand for Racing Fuel is the NASCAR and NHRA sponsor.....and probably a lot more of a supplier in other forms of motorsports.

They also have set up a network of dealers around the country.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the major supplier of the base product to other brands of racing fuel suppliers.....corn based of course .

VP from Texas is petrochemical mainly .

Funny.....I happened to be at an NHRA National event racing back in the sixties,
in the Dallas area . A young guy approached me about what fuel I was using, we chatted awhile because he wanted to know who to contact within NHRA, this guy just happened to be the founder of VP Racing Fuels......that's the way it was
...people wanted to get involved in racing so they just came out to a race and asked questions.......

I've met lots of people this way, I've always liked getting people involved......now days everything is about money and major sponsorships.......seems like we have gone backwards ......less working folks racing then back in the day.....everyone wants to be a big star and sign autographs and be paid .

Professional racers lose their big sponsors and they don't race until they get another sponsor deal ....cash in hand.

Racing has become just another business deal, I played the game until I got tired of chasing money, it seemed like fun
but it gets old or maybe I'm just old Big Grin . I guess we are all old or we wouldn't still be vintage karting......now back to what fuel to use and where to get it and will it work right in a two stroke !