Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Williams
(03-08-2017, 09:24 PM)steve welte Wrote: The news is not good for Pete. Here is part of today's update.

We got the official diagnosis today, and it is not good. Pete has glioblastoma multiforme. This is a kind of brain tumor that cannot be cured, but can be treated. Pete's is a level 4. This is not like other forms of cancer, which are rated in stages. Glioblastoma tumors are rated by levels, 1-4, with 4 being the fastest growing kind. The doctor was clear, this kind of cancer is fatal.

that sucks enough said
Dave L.
Pete is a great guy.  We are all with him.

And yes he drove the famed Chi-Town Hustler.  They won the IHRA championships in 1979 with Pete Williams driving.
He is very humble when he speaks of his amazing accomplishments. As far a I know you have to ask him about it before he will talk about it. When he retired Frank Hawley filled his seat.
May God be with, strengthen, and comfort him.
        Vern
Here's a good read on the Chi-Town boys .....how it was back in the Golden Days of Drag Racing......no one got rich...
but the racing was good....so much for the golden part....Big Grin

http://www.competitionplus.com/featured-...hi-town-25

Pictured is the original Funny Car the team built in their garage for Match Racing, I think Pete drove a newer Charger
in the late 70's just before Frank Hawley came on to be the new pilot . Austin Coil was tough on drivers, he went through many......!

With a little research ....Pete drove the Chi-Town Ford Mustang.....their only Ford body and maybe this Charger
winning the IHRA Crown.....even though I was editor of Drag Review for the IHRA it's hard to remember this stuff.

If you go back to the early 70's Pete was crew chief for Jungle Jim ....wow !

Handout
Pete Williams (M) from Chicago, Illinois USA   (Comp Nr/Finish: )
1970 - Category: FUELFC, Type: FN, Class: AA/FC, Div: 1
"Jungle Jim" Owned by Jim Liberman from West Chester, Pennsylvania USA
Crew Chief: Pete Williams
'70 Chevrolet Camaro by an Unknown chassis builder | Powered by Supercharged Nitro 426 Chrysler Hemi with 2 speed manual transmission
1/4 Mile ET:
6.950 at Unknown     
   1/4 Mile MPH:
211.00 at Unknown

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-09-2017, 05:44 PM)Vern Bergman Wrote: Pete is a great guy.  We are all with him.

And yes he drove the famed Chi-Town Hustler.  They won the IHRA championships in 1979 with Pete Williams driving.
He is very humble when he speaks of his amazing accomplishments. As far a I know you have to ask him about it before he will talk about it. When he retired Frank Hawley filled his seat.
May God be with, strengthen, and comfort him.
        Vern

pete.drinda@gmail.com  is his e mail    His wife opened some pictures that I sent for him.  GOD Bless