Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Williams
Many of you have had the pleasure of racing, sharing a beer, and swapping stories with my dad (Pete Williams) over the past several years. I'm sorry to report he's currently in the shop for a major tune-up. We're keeping people update on this website:
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/petewilliams

I'm certain he'd appreciate a note or two from the vintage karting crew. 
Elizabeth

Here's a link to some karting photos, to help put a face with the name...

https://goo.gl/photos/D8xsfXFfX23hs9ATA
Tell Pete that we're thinking about him and he will be in our prayers.

Dick Teal
Definitely one of the good guys,,prayers for a speedy recovery

gw
thoughts and prayers to him and family ..get well soon..
Hoping all goes well. He is a great guy
(03-02-2017, 07:09 PM)steve welte Wrote: Hoping all goes well. He is a great guy

T don't personally know Pete, but I've been under the weather for nearly a year, so I know how much it helps to have all the members of the vintage community pulling for you. Count me in with all the rest of the well wishers. Ted
went to the site.
pete is in for a bad time.
that said i hope he does well with his treatment.
God Speed
Dave L.
Pete, thought and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Pete is very well known in the racing world. I thought he told me he was a 4 time Champion NHRA drag racer. I know he was the 1979 World champion driver of the the Chi-town Hustler Drag car.
The news is not good for Pete. Here is part of today's update.

We got the official diagnosis today, and it is not good. Pete has glioblastoma multiforme. This is a kind of brain tumor that cannot be cured, but can be treated. Pete's is a level 4. This is not like other forms of cancer, which are rated in stages. Glioblastoma tumors are rated by levels, 1-4, with 4 being the fastest growing kind. The doctor was clear, this kind of cancer is fatal.