Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviving a Historical Classic
scott, i highly doubt it but if it turns out to be a dud or looks like the west bend that steve welte showed a picture of the other day with the top of the cylinder separated and you have to start over i have stock bore, stock ports 1-71 replacement blocks. supplies are limited.  sorry no mc10 stroker cranks or pistons.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-25-2017, 03:30 PM)chuck giacobbe Wrote: scott, i highly doubt it but if it turns out to be a dud or looks like the west bend that steve welte showed a picture of the other day with the top of the cylinder separated and you have to start over i have stock bore, stock ports 1-71 replacement blocks. supplies are limited.  sorry no mc10 stroker cranks or pistons.

Yes Chuck, I definitely want one of those blocks so set one aside. I won't need the piston, just the block. Give me a shout and let me know what you need for it.
Thanks,
Scott
all this tbo race talk
tbo is the new newcastle lol
scott i think tuning on the mc10 is cool... i am a glutton for punishment i try and build hp in model a fords
tk
GEARBOX
(02-25-2017, 07:06 PM)thomas kelley Wrote: all this tbo race talk  
tbo is the new newcastle lol
scott i think tuning on the mc10 is cool... i am a glutton for punishment i try and build hp in model a fords
tk
Thank you Tom, that is good to know and I may take you up on that one of these days.
I appreciate your offer,
Scott
I too have a 10 stroker in the works. At some point I need to find a 10 outer cover to get the right look. No hurry though as I won't get it done this year. To many on the burner. Then I don't have the historic kart to run it on either. I do have a smokin' hot 20 I just finished.
terry, don't go cutting on a stock block i have a few that have been lightly modified and can be made to scream.
we'll work out something. seems like i gotta actually finish building one of my stroker mc10's before we get into spring.
otherwise i'll never keep up.
i'm now torn over whether to go to TBO or RIGP this year.
love both but a mc10 shoot out is something i can't miss??

definitely will be at avon ready to rock.
but i may suggest making a second class for the faster historics if we get enough at avon.
reason is a stroked mc10 is basically same as mc91 engines. add a overbore and they ARE same specs.
not reasonable to run the with clintons and 580's imho!!!
Dave L.
Gentlemen

Just a reminder.   Even though Dave was recently compared to the great race car driver Paul Newman (I don't think it was looks) his real secret is actually a 10 cubic inch Mc10.   I understand the one time he actually floored it he almost passed the entire field in one lap.   It is usually suggested that part throttle has something to do with packaging sand.
yes sir that's a fact ..cuz I was leadin the whole rest of the pack .. lol.

only time I ever see the thing run ..!!! ... and finish a race ..!!

not sure if he made both races but he did win one ..

and im pretty sure it aint run since ..seems like I herd it was needin a piston ..

better get it goin ..I think I just tracked down a piston now just need a crank ..for my 10
steve milleryes sir that's a fact ..cuz I was leadin the whole rest of the pack .. lol.

only time I ever see the thing run ..!!! ...   and  finish a race ..!!

not sure if he made both races but he did win one ..

and im pretty sure it aint run since ..seems like I herd it was needin a piston ..

better get it goin ..I think I just tracked down a piston now just need a crank ..for my 10

first as i warned you multiple times steve the little mc10 kept having carb issues which made it dead slow. at first they were from carbs that weren't exactly right yet. then after i got them working the way i wanted i started with stupid crap like installing the carb backwards off the pulse hole.
to give an idea of how silly that motor pulled compression it was still running. the motor siphoned enough fuel to scoot around even without the pumper working
second if you've forgotten i gave the mc10 kart to my daughter to use as she couldn't get the mc49 to run right. niether could i but i tried!!
a sad note
i did bust that mc10 with a minor stick at rigp.
was going like a raped ape but the good times done gone.
however it will be back.
problem is finding a mc10 huge piston like that will require some serious luck.
or i may go over to using an oversize mc91 piston. just not 100% that the pin to deck ht. is the same
a side note, even though it has an big over bore it is a 1.5 stroke.
so as per EVERYONE who tell me they know better the overbore i have doesn't mean much.
a longer stroke is MUCH faster!!
and i do lift off the go pedal alot, running way ahead is BORING. i'd much rather have steve close giving me hell.
BUT him and a few others were a tiny bit mouthy about my "slow" mc10 so i kinda forgot to lift that one race!!

the stroker mc10 i'm building has a much milder overbore something like .030 over. that said with the nine port it becomes competative with mc91 and 820 so i've refrained from
Dave L.
hard to find .080 over mc10 stroker piston huh ..

lol hehehe haha ..sorry I had to type that ..

see ya soon ..cuddybeck ..?? sandy hook .. ???