Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help getting everyone aware and signed in as members to this site
Guys,
we need your help.
the forum is growing but i am out of ideas for contacting vintage guys.
my new idea is to ask EVERYONE that's a member to send this message below in an email to anyone you know in vintage karting. that way the guys we can't seem to contact will at least know about the forum.
message this

hi guys, this is a short note to inform you a new vintage kart site is available for use on the internet.
since the old vintage site has crashed we have moved the conversation over here

http://www.vintagekartforum.com

you can sign up here with this link

http://www.vintagekartforum.com/member.p...n=register

membership is free it is being run exactly like the old Vintagekarts.com site.
thanx
Dave L.
..I don't know hardly anyones contact info of any kind it was all in my pm messages on old site.. boo hoo hoo ..now what am i gonna do ..
I'll work on that tonight and get another 20
(02-03-2017, 11:47 AM)David Luciani Wrote: Guys,
we need your help.
the forum is growing but i am out of ideas for contacting vintage guys.
my new idea is to ask EVERYONE that's a member to send this message below in an email to anyone you know in vintage karting. that way the guys we can't seem to contact will at least know about the forum.
message this

hi guys, this is a short note to inform you a new vintage kart site is available for use on the internet.
since the old vintage site has crashed we have moved the conversation over here

http://www.vintagekartforum.com

you can sign up here with this link

http://www.vintagekartforum.com/member.p...n=register

membership is free it is being run exactly like the old Vintagekarts.com site.
thanx
Just got back from Adams event.......seems many of the people involved in Vintage Karting......don't care for Forums or much for computers and a lot of feelings got hurt on the old Forum.

I felt bad for any misunderstandings created from my posts and hope in time the relationships are healed.

It's one thing to say things in a light hearted manner face to face, but posted in a Forum......it's taken more seriously.

So learn from my mistakes ....let's be kind and be helpful to all......I didn't feel what I posted was negative, but I learned
face to face.......that feelings were hurt.....so let's get this Forum going with more understanding of what our words can cause , especially to those we may have never met face to face .

On that note I will say all the guys I met that made the journey to the Riverside event were like old friends.....so maybe that's the key......you wouldn't offend your goods friends.....so better to be super positive on what we post.

I know that's not human nature, but I would rather have more membership here sharing then people not joining because
they were upset over negative feelings of the past Forum .
I just sent it out to over 500 on my mailing list.
(02-04-2017, 09:58 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Just got back from Adams event.......seems many of the people involved in Vintage Karting......don't care for Forums or much for computers and a lot of feelings got hurt on the old Forum.

I felt bad for any misunderstandings created from my posts and hope in time the relationships are healed.

It's one thing to say things in a light hearted manner face to face, but posted in a Forum......it's taken more seriously.

So learn from my mistakes ....let's be kind and be helpful to all......I didn't feel what I posted was negative, but I learned
face to face.......that feelings were hurt.....so let's get this Forum going with more understanding of what our words can cause , especially to those we may have never met face to face .

On that note I will say all the guys I met that made the journey to the Riverside event were like old friends.....so maybe that's the key......you wouldn't offend your goods friends.....so better to be super positive on what we post.

I know that's not human nature, but I would rather have more membership here sharing then people not joining because
they were upset over negative feelings of the past Forum .

Randy,

i won't comment on any other forum as it is not or possibly no longer my place to comment on them as an admin.
HOWEVER,
on this forum the admins will be asking everyone to act nice and keep it about karts not "issues".
while we all at one time or another do have troubles with other members it is often just temporary.
so bashing or personal attacks will NOT BE ALLOWED.
if someone sees an admin INCLUDING MYSELF perhaps getting personal just let us know with a pm and we will try to adjust our ownselfs also.
i know a time or two when i was annoyed i let my personal feelings show through and that was wrong.
can't go back but in the future we'll all try to do better.
the forum is about GROWINg vintage karting.
While us geezers aren't so much with the web the youngers are and we NEED THEM to grow vintage karting.

so please guys post info and advise.
Unlike other forums in the past we are aiming to preserve the info as a living growing history of the sport.
Losing the other forum was/is a huge blow .
luckily we have a sort of copy and will repost what can be REPOSTED.
Also
BRIAN AND I are working hard to make the advise forever on the net.
instead of never backing up the forum we do it automatically every week.
we are also looking into adding a second server to protect the forum.
it won't be as strong but it will be an emergency back up should this server go offline.
that costs money but we are hopeful that the ads will soon cover that expense.
on the ads. we apologize for having them but they produce a tiny revenue stream.
currently we're clearing 35 cents a day which is just enough to cover carrying costs. a few more cents and we'll be able to get a second server online.
we are exploring having a small fee instead of ads for those who hate the ads. we think maybe 1.00 a month or maybe 50 cents would be enough.
NOBODY would be required to pay it is a free forum.
 but if you want ad free forum we could offer that option to guys with money to burn!!
comments?
Dave L.
Dave,at 6-12 bucks a year,thats a lot less than most magazine subscriptions and I for one get a lot more out of these forums than any mag. I'ld be in for it. John
(02-11-2017, 08:26 AM)john phippen Wrote: Dave,at 6-12 bucks a year,thats a lot less than most magazine subscriptions and I for one get a lot more out of these forums than any mag. I'ld be in for it. John

John, that is the beauty of virtual stuff. we can do magazine quality articles and basically publish for free.
while many forums charge alot like 30 a year or more we can't see doing that as we are in the hobby ourselves.
from chatter i've heard in the past we'd still keep the "free" forum but with ads cluttering up the pages.
there are guys that don't care about the ads or are broke enough where the money is an issue.

also you've probably noticed you can see alot of the pix posted.
that was also deliberate.
some people prefer to read in the back round and never join the forum formally. we are ok with that but by joining youy will get to expand the pix which is helpful for details.

so to reiterate , we'll be set up both ways.
for the paying members there would be an ad free experience.
Dave L.