Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bushnell Geezer News
2/2/2017

News from  the first day of practice and the Geezer (+60) class.   Despite looking forward to put a Ricky Bobby shake and bake along with Butch K on Gary W, things don't always work out.    I ended up spending an unplanned week in Ohio and got sick last Sunday and basically slept the Monday and Tuesday get ready days away.  So I ended up as an observer like last year.  

This morning Gary W.  cranked up his #1 Mac to head out for practice.   The engine ran fine at home.  Three throttle blips to make sure the carb was working  produced a true destruction of the motor.   The intake manifold blew off, the block was destroyed, and (this must be unique) broke one of the ears off the gem super stuffer.  The connecting rod decided to disconnect at a rpm level that didn't start to engage the clutch.   GW didn't bring his new super monster B-open because the kart just showed up and didn't get prepped.

The good news is that Butch K is at the race and healthy enough to race.   (and ready to Whup up on GW)

Races start tomorrow - there are at least 5 c-open rigs (b-bombs & bm 130s).  One or more may actually finish the first heat unlike the three that started last year.
Thanks for the update. I wonder on Gary's engine. Rod bolts????????? They are becoming a real McCulloch problem as the supply goes away.
to me the pix looked like a rod failure not rod bolt fail. occasionally that can happen.
sucks anyway.
blaine any progress on building those k99's?
Dave L.