Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a perfect world
I tried. The karts and parts on the VKA forum. I had called and left my contact info and sent E mails. They had been contacting us, but wouldn't reply. Then this shows up. I wish them luck. I'm sure things will sell. Probably nice well meaning people. They never answered me. I don't like being blown off but it's ok. Like Rick Nelson "Garden Party" It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself. Good luck with your purchases, I just won't be making any.
Are you talking about Marmaxx Karts and Parts? Ive dealt with Perry real nice guy. But I know they dont do emails at all . I always had to call.
Vince,
     It looks like Steve is talking about this guy .
Seventh Gear Karting
mr.crg (4796 )
Don't know anything about him. But I also have dealt with Perry / Marmaxx with no problems.
Kevin
if I had to guess id say S.W. is refereeing to brock and bridget meriweathers stuff ..

there young and have little to no knowledge of what all there dad left behind ..and he had piles of karts motors etc.. now they gotta try get rid of it ..and just like texas sale and every otjer buy out estate sale whatever they got folks bugging them to help wantin to go there and cherry pick bla bla bla .
I wish them best of luck ..I talked to them seem like nice couple ...I think they just been overwhelmed with duties from the passing of there dad ..they have been super great with me ..just takes patience ..
the Texas sale was going exactly the same way before i stepped in to help Kieth.
it was amazing to see what was offered or should i say wasn't offered for parts.
kieth was over-welmed by all the requests and was trying but the phone calls were eating up all his time.
only after i convinced him to STOP TAKING CALLS were we able to get him organized and on track to sell everything. when sales threatened to crash the forum brian built the store.
everything was going well after that till the widow said SELL NOW!!
nobody was interested in the reduced pile in the time frame the widow wanted followed so i begged and borrowed to get enough to rescue the rest from the scrap yard.
i did end up getting a good buy in the end but that was because the widow got impatient and wanted a final sale.
getting everything home was a massive job.
cataloging it was even more of an issue.
meanwhile i was fielding tons of calls with people who just couldn't wait "till the store opens back up"
my solution was to table it till everyone calmed down.
then other things happened and a whole year or two has passed.
so i am well aware of the issues they are facing and feel for them.

i offered these people help but i am not gonna push it.
they are adults hopefully they'll see they need help and accept it from somebody honest.
there were several offers of help from good people but they rebuffed them as i've heard.
almost am scared to help.

the texas sale literally ATE a year of my spare time.
buying out the texas leftovers may become profitable but no wheres near worth doing if i was to consider any sort of reasonable return for my time.
Dave L.
Our thing had been ongoing for weeks. They would never really talk to us. Left all the call back and E mails. Our offer was to purchase or at least advise them. Oh well. They can now deal piece by piece and all the shipping etc. There is enough there to keep them busy for quite a long time. I'm sure they are probably nice people but I'll never know that for sure because my dealings are done. I wish them and everyone purchasing, Good luck and Enjoy it for whatever it is. No further comment
Is this stuff advertised somewhere?
(02-02-2017, 12:36 PM)Ryan Johnson Wrote: Is this stuff advertised somewhere?

not really.
theres a post on facebook that they randomly answer. no good pix no prices just group pix
Dave L.
Got ya. I think I seen that awhile back where she had a NOS 91.

Ryan
(02-02-2017, 11:42 AM)David Luciani Wrote: meanwhile i was fielding tons of calls with people who just couldn't wait "till the store opens back up"
my solution was to table it till everyone calmed down.
then other things happened and a whole year or two has passed.

[Image: CzqWY7VUcAAiQvy.jpg]