Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanted.. reasonable priced mc10 or 20
somebody wrote me a message a while back on the old forum that had any Mc available for sale. Can't remember his name but he was offering any single carb motor for 500 double was a little more. Never got into details since I found a nice mc91 on ebay. looking for something for my 61 Scorpion. a 10 or 20 would be preferred but a 6 would work. I would even consider a homelite, PP or WB (rh).    

a homelite 100 LH would be nice but expect it would be too pricey.

what a horror about the old site but this new one will be nice, too
Stan Thompson had advertised a number of Macs right before the site crashed.

Ryan
Bob.....maybe it was Stan located in Iowa ?     Go to the Way Back post here that Dave gave the link to get contact info
from the for sale/ wanted section . Update: well too early 2006 to find Stan's contact info . Plus you would have to call him by phone.....I'm sure someone can help.....Sad .

I saved my PM's there for contacts and now no access......bummer for sure.

It will take awhile for guys to start using this website like we did the other Vintage Karts Forum, but that's life Smile .
I have Stans number if you want it.

Ryan
(01-28-2017, 10:19 AM)bob klau Wrote: somebody wrote me a message a while back on the old forum that had any Mc available for sale. Can't remember his name but he was offering any single carb motor for 500 double was a little more. Never got into details since I found a nice mc91 on ebay. looking for something for my 61 Scorpion. a 10 or 20 would be preferred but a 6 would work. I would even consider a homelite, PP or WB (rh).    

a homelite 100 LH would be nice but expect it would be too pricey.

what a horror about the old site but this new one will be nice, too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-mcculloc...wq&vxp=mtr
Bob, are you looking for a rebuildable core a ready to run used or a rebuilt motor?
a rebuildable core is about what your budget will get in the older rarer motors. the same money probably would get you a decent used motor.
rebuilt mccullochs are usually alot more. on the happy side if you get a rebuild from one of the good builders you'll be ready to run.
any core you get will typically need at least 200 worth of parts to get it squared away. unless you luck out and everything is just needing a good cleaning.
Dave L.
(01-31-2017, 11:01 AM)David Luciani Wrote: Bob, are you looking for a rebuildable core a ready to run used or a rebuilt motor?
a rebuildable core is about what your budget will get in the older rarer motors. the same money probably would get you a decent used motor.
rebuilt mccullochs are usually alot more. on the happy side if you get a rebuild from one of the good builders you'll be ready to run.
any core you get will typically need at least 200 worth of parts to get it squared away. unless you luck out and everything is just needing a good cleaning.

I prefer a running one but a good core would be ok

(01-28-2017, 01:12 PM)Ryan Johnson Wrote: Stan Thompson had advertised a number of Macs right before the site crashed.

Ryan

it was Stan... thanks
(02-03-2017, 09:48 AM)bob klau Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 11:01 AM)David Luciani Wrote: Bob, are you looking for a rebuildable core a ready to run used or a rebuilt motor?

I prefer a running one but a good core would be ok

(01-28-2017, 01:12 PM)Ryan Johnson Wrote: Stan Thompson had advertised a number of Macs right before the site crashed.

Ryan

it was Stan... thanks

Somebody needs to contact stan and get him signed into this site in fact send everyone you know the address i'm told people are having trouble finding the forum address.
Dave L.
I'm involved in some big projects so a running engine would be better. the scorpion isn't ready yet so I can wait. back in the day I remember a scorpion with a mc20 so I would prefer one, but I rarely see one with good chrome.. I would want it to be nice but on the right one I will deal with the issues. 2nd choice is a mc10.

that kl100 offered.. does anyone know if they were offered in '61. i would like it on the scorpion but only if it is period correct. I believe its a 62, scorpion is a 61

my big project is a 64 corvette which I work on daily.. finally got on it after buying it 5 years ago. it was a hulk with a broken off nose and quarters gone. one day I'll pull a trailer with the scorpion in it.