Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covico Orders at Rex Marine
For those that were wondering about getting your new Covico steering wheel orders from Mike at Rex Marine ?

This news just in :

"Was wondering if I was blocked from the Vintage Karts forum or what was up.

Go ahead and complete the order and I'll hold them for you and we'll arrange a time to pickup. I should have them today or tomorrow.

Thank you, Mike @ Rex Marine "

Rex Marine Home Page /// Rex Marine Online Store

New phone is 909-476-0335

So the order is not in his hands, but if you haven't placed your order in the cart because of all the confusion over Covico shipping....now would be a good time to do it to confirm your requests !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike just emailed me this info :

There were a few guys on the forum that is down that wanted wheels which I can't pm now. So you might suggest that those interested email me here. I have a couple emails to respond to that I did receive but was waiting to see how many wheels I have from this order before I did that.

Thank you, Mike @ Rex Marine

Just trying to help all those that were interested in getting new steering wheels for their builds.....If we don't support Covico, then we'll be the losers .....prices will go the way of supply and demand.....if you remember what Dom was willing to pay for a NOS Covico ?
For those looking for an inexpensive steering wheel, BMI has a 12 inch aluminum wheel in black or unpainted for $34
It looks like a Dart wheel (sort of) non-grip surface.....another resource .

http://www.bmikarts.com/12-Round-Aluminu..._1434.html

Noticed Tom Kelley is using one on his kart and adding a CNC billet part to hold sensors for heat monitoring .

Randy, Your Bug is coming with the Speedway 11 1/2" od wheel. Let me know how you like that. They are only $29.95 and only have about 1/2" more dish. We've installed about 20 of them and everyone has been very pleased. Another alternative.
Thanks Steve.....I feel the Speedway is a good wheel for karts .

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-C...56275.html

(01-25-2017, 03:39 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Thanks Steve.....I feel the Speedway is a good wheel for karts .

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-C...56275.html

randy, have mike email me i set up an account for him.
or anyone else needing help for that matter
vintage.karts@aol.com

dave l
I just got an email from Mike asking me what happened to my order ?

And Sterling PM'd me asking what do these Covico's cost ?

Well.....they were $64.99, now they are $73.99 on the website.....so I asked Mike what's up with that ?

Maybe Mike needs to answer these questions......What a difference a day makes Sad ?
I emailed to Randy but will restate,

Orders we have in house will ship at the old pricing.

Covico has increased pricing on wheels a few times over 6-7 years and I have not changed my pricing during that time. With the recent shipment of wheels received, UPS costs have skyrocketed. The incoming ups on recent order of only 24 wheels was $130, which is approx twice what we were paying a couple years ago. So I cannot absorb these increases any longer and wheel prices correspondingly went up approx 15% on average.

I shipped 3 wheels to a guy in FL last night and the ups was just under $40 including insurance. Which I think is insane. Priority mail was even more, about $47. A single wheel I can usually ship cross country priority mail for under $20 in a flat rate box, but multiples don't fit. west cost shipments are reasonable but long distances are not any longer. However those wheels to FL were 14" wheels, 12" std dish wheels I can get multiples in a large flat rate box for under $20 in freight.

Since I can't access the other site to see who might have been interested in wheels please email me at sales@rexmar.com or place order through the website if you are in need of wheels. The next shipment should arrive in approx 30 days IF the mfg can get them built.
(01-26-2017, 04:22 AM)Mikegeee Wrote: I emailed to Randy but will restate,

Covico has increased pricing on wheels a few times over 6-7 years and I have not changed my pricing during that time. With the recent shipment of wheels received, UPS costs have skyrocketed. The incoming ups on recent order of only 24 wheels was $130, which is approx twice what we were paying a couple years ago. So I cannot absorb these increases any longer and wheel prices correspondingly went up approx 15% on average.

I shipped 3 wheels to a guy in FL last night and the ups was just under $40 including insurance. Which I think is insane. Priority mail was even more, about $47. A single wheel I can usually ship cross country priority mail for under $20 in a flat rate box, but multiples don't fit. west cost shipments are reasonable but long distances are not any longer. However those wheels to FL were 14" wheels, 12" std dish wheels I can get multiples in a large flat rate box for under $20 in freight.

Since I can't access the other site to see who might have been interested in wheels please email me at sales@rexmar.com or place order through the website if you are in need of wheels. The next shipment should arrive in approx 30 days IF the mfg can get them built.

(01-26-2017, 08:12 AM)Gary Wlodarsky.......you can ship mine to  .....  oh wait a minute,,,never mind,,,gw Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:22 AM)Mikegeee Wrote: I emailed to Randy but will restate,

So.....that's the way it is now !   If you want a 12inch black or maybe white ....if Mike has one....go on-line and place your order . In the box for special instructions let him know the price was $64.99 .  If you wait a few days, you'll pay the new price $73.99 + shipping + taxes if in California .

This is what Mike told me today, same as GW posted :

The website doesn't charge your card when you place the order. I charge it manually. Those that had an order in will get the old price. I need to process and receive payment though so I can pay for the next load of wheels. I pay Covico for everything up front as I do most vendors.

Covico raised the price slightly and I've absorbed increases for 6-7 years on these. But the real kicker is UPS because it cost me $130  to get 24 wheels here. It used to be half that. UPS rates are out of control. Prices went up about 15% on the website due to these increases. I shipped 3 wheels tonight to a guy in Fl and the UPS cost is $40, its nuts.

Thank you, Mike @ Rex Marine