Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintagekarts wayback copy of forum
For the guys desperate to access info on the forum before it crashed we have a link to the wayback machine. this is a searchable copy of the forum made by wayback.
while you can't sign in or post everything till the date they copied it is available for reading and research.

dave l
Thanks for posting Dave! I was going through old threads to educate myself until the "crash". Now I can pick up where I left off.
I'm not having any luck with it.  If I try to click on something I get a message from Wayback that says "Wayback Machine doesn't have this page archived".
(01-28-2017, 08:51 PM)Kevin S. Brundick Wrote: I'm not having any luck with it.  If I try to click on something I get a message from Wayback that says "Wayback Machine doesn't have this page archived".

not all the pages are archived. i'll get some more versions posted then you'll have to go in each addy and see if the pages you want are available.

dave l
Dave L.
So I came back to this thread to confirm when the last archive copy of the old forum was performed by the Wayback website. I also wanted to confirm if what I seemingly stumbled upon this evening might be a way to access lots more of the important information and threads from the old forum that are not readily available on Wayback.  Although Wayback shows thread headers from the dead forum as recent as of September 2016, most of them are inaccessible when clicked on just as Sterling has pointed out above.

This evening, while trying to research information on a kart, I clicked on a link that I thought was for this webpage. Instead, it directed me to and brought up information for the forum of vintagekarts.com, aka vintagekartsforum.com. I was able to navigate the pages freely except for the search function and the sign in function. I was able to select the "Recent" and "Forums" tabs, as well as, the "Selected" and "Popular" tabs and navigate all the sub topics and pages within them. It appears everything up to early January 2016 is still there and available. Just like before, you can scroll through each of the tabs and their posts to about six or seven pages deep.

I personally believe this forum structure is better. Not only is it technologically up to date, it's also easier to use. Nonetheless, there is still lots of good information trapped within the old forum that I know many folks would like to access and perhaps take screenshots of pertinent pages to save and for future reference. Copying and pasting the webpage link doesn't work, so there is no link for me to post. 

This is how I stumbled upon the information and the ability to more freely navigate the pages than using the Wayback page. It's pretty random but this is how I found it:

Using The Google search bar, type in:  
Margay pro X

Then scroll down about three quarters of the page until you find a search result that reads:

Kart ID (Margay Pro X???) - Margay Vintage Karts - Vintage Kart...
www.briansantee.com > vintage > forum

Click on this search result, it will bring you to the old forum. Once there, click on the big red title letters of the forum and then you can use the four tabs along the top to select and navigate the forum; at least for threads up to January/2016. I'll be curious to know if this works for anyone else, if so please confirm by posting so here.
How about when it says (wayback machine doesn't have this page archived)

Then has this message below it in a white box ? What do you do with that ? I saved, then copied and pasted it but nothing was found ?

This page is available on the web!

Help make the Wayback Machine more complete!

Save this url in the Wayback Machine
Vince - I got the same results as you, good find, thanks for sharing.
Paul
(02-27-2017, 11:26 AM)Romero Llamas Wrote: How about when it says (wayback machine doesn't have this page archived)

Then has this message below it in a white box ?  What do you do with that ?  I saved, then copied and pasted it but nothing was found ?

This page is available on the web!

Help make the Wayback Machine more complete!

Save this url in the Wayback Machine
Romero,
Cutting and pasting the search result I outlined above will not work. Just to reiterate, type the following into your Google search bar:    

Margay pro X

Then scroll through the search results until you find the one that reads:

Margay pro X question - Margay Vintage Karts - Vintage Kart...
Nov. 22, 2013

Click on this search result. It varies slightly from the way it showed up yesterday but it still takes you into the old forum. Looks like Paul found it to work too...
I did that, and it works, but what I can get to, and read, is a different set of topics.

Ok, if I use the search box at the very bottom, I can get into topic areas that are helpful.

Thanks,

Romero
pretty cool David,,,kinda like dating an old girl friend....LOL

another way to learn all this stuff,,,is hands on,,doin it.......

gw